Uneligible entry

Started by Dune, October 30, 2014, 03:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

I like the course of the first river; and, the multiple outlet of the second. Would be nice to combine the two somehow.

Dune

The first was a warped SSS, the second an drawn image map (doubled) + a soft-edged sea-end SSS for additional shiny sand there. The islands are dropped in as warped SSS masks.

Erwin0265

Some really cool images, Dune.
I love the ones with the sea; no water shader or lake object............image map?..........

BTW, 3 pages and no-one picked up the "uneligible"?................
Sorry, I can't help it; I was a teacher for 23 years.............
FYI, "ineligible"..................
No insult intended to anyone; Dune your English is way better than my Terragen..........lol......
And I just checked your profile to find you're Dutch, so that means even more.
I was born in Breda {The Netherlands}, I can also confirm that your Dutch is quite likely way better than my Dutch, as I emigrated with my family to Australia when I was 6...................
OK, who farted?

Dune

I figured you were Dutch. Good to live in Aussie I presume, Holland is pretty crowded nowadays.

The sea is a series of warped simple shapes. I've got a similar file at NWDA.

And thanks for the correction.

Erwin0265

QuoteAnd thanks for the correction.
No problem - it's not as interesting as Terragen but as your English is pretty darned great for a non-English-speaking person; I figured you took some pride in your mastery of English (the absolute worst language on Earth when it comes to spelling) and would like to know...............
OK, who farted?

kalwalt

Quote from: Dune on December 02, 2014, 03:38:58 AM
Another Iceland non-eligible entry, black beach (which I actually saw in New Zealand, near Auckland). I have some more ideas to modify, as I dont like the streams and inland area.

By the way: no compute terrain and no lake or water shader.
Just a curiosity @Dune: Can you explain how you did the terrain without the compute terrain node and the sea/lake without a lake or water shader node? ( i suppose this last with a plane with applied a shader)  :)
Thank's
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Dune

You're referring to the black beach, I suppose. If you have part of the planet that's completely flat, you can add some bluegreen colors to that (sea colors) and lay a RT reflective shader across. Then just add some wave like displacements with any PF. The rest of the planet can be made into hills and such by using a mask. And if you don't need slopes or accurate heights for texturing, then a compute terrain can be left out.

kalwalt

Quote from: Dune on February 12, 2015, 03:01:45 AM
You're referring to the black beach, I suppose. If you have part of the planet that's completely flat, you can add some bluegreen colors to that (sea colors) and lay a RT reflective shader across. Then just add some wave like displacements with any PF. The rest of the planet can be made into hills and such by using a mask. And if you don't need slopes or accurate heights for texturing, then a compute terrain can be left out.

Thank you for the answer Ulco. Interesting approach, but why this? Do you have better rendering performances?
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Dune

Just because there are so many possibilities in TG I did it this way, but compute terrain takes render time, and so does transparent water (especially if it's rough). So the less nodes the faster.

kalwalt

Quote from: Dune on February 12, 2015, 09:50:10 AM
Just because there are so many possibilities in TG I did it this way, but compute terrain takes render time, and so does transparent water (especially if it's rough). So the less nodes the faster.
Thank's! :) ;)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Dune

Something that looks a bit Icelandic, so I might as well put it up here. Not perfected, as always.  I'm looking forward to all the entries!

choronr

Really nice. Those flowers and vegetation contrast well against the brownish soil. And, a great idea for the shape of the mountain.

j meyer

8) Iceland's Monument Valley.

kalwalt

I like very much this last picture! Sweet detail on the foreground with flowers and plants, Intriguing combination of mountains in the background and the strata rock on the right side. Even if it needs still some work, it is already indeed interesting!  :D
WorldMachine
3Dcoat