Fumarole

Started by Dune, February 15, 2015, 03:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Intrigued by Inky's fumarole, I did some research.

inkydigit

8)
Very nice, I think that the warp was what I really wanted, but the technique I used is quite flexible, I will experiment too,
Just did not have time to tinker too much during competition time...
:))
Cheers J

j meyer

Will there be a disclosure?

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on February 15, 2015, 11:33:31 AM
Will there be a disclosure?

after the comp I'm guessing, but maybe sooner (hope hope)
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

Amazing result. I am really anxious to see whether there is an easier way than what I have done so far. The question seems to be not if but how :)

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Dune

Disclosure: rotate simple shape!

choronr

Quote from: Dune on February 15, 2015, 03:36:01 AM
Intrigued by Inky's fumarole, I did some research.
My goodness, this would have been a precious procedure for the Iceland challenge; but, the future looks bright. Many places around the world where these beauties exist. A wonderful enthusiasm generator you have created here Ulco!

choronr

And, maybe kind of an image will be possible...

otakar

Hm, sounds intriguing, I always thought of a simple shape as two dimensional. Must try. Thank you.

choronr

Not the answer; but an experimental start...

Dune

A simple shape IS 2-dimensional, but you can still rotate it. But Bob's setup is not the answer  ;) I'll let you experiment a little, won't I?

mhaze

I've one question, can you make a vertical triangular shape by rotation of a triangular SSS?  I've spent hours on it and I haven't had much success

inkydigit

Now all that is over... I can disclose:
I used multiple cloud layers, all restricted, using larger diameter for each progressively higher layer, the core of the geyser is a modded version of Ulco's volcanic plume/ cloud column... Though barely visible, so you could do without it. :))
My hdd is playing up big time, which is not good, but if possible I will experiment more and post a clip....
Cheers folks,
Away for a beer
J