first render

Started by Seth, August 02, 2007, 11:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

hello ! this is my first message and my first try with terragen (unregistered) ^^
i hope you'll help me to get better on terragen !
i saw a lots of crazy pics on this forum and i am ashamed to post mine... but i think the only way to improve my (no) skills is to ask for advise :)

zionner

Hey

I like your Lighting...and good placement in terms of land...

Only Two Things..

1: Try Setting Higher Detail levels...They seems to be a bit low in this picture.

2: What Did you use for your Snow, As It Seems to me, Somewhat Unrealistic.

Otherwise...Great Start, I would recommend having a look about the forum (the Sticky in Terragen 2) Which has lots of stuff to help you get used to and better with TG 2

Enjoy!
Zionner

old_blaggard

Hey there, and welcome aboard!  Don't feel ashamed to ask for advice - we all have to start somewhere ;).  I really like your rays here, although I agree with Zionner that the terrain could be a bit more realistic.  Actually, this sort of looks like a Terragen 0.9 render to me.  If you have any questions on that, too, feel free to ask :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Hi.  Welcome to the group. 

Is this a TG2 picture or was it made with TG .09?  If it was TG .09, I'd suggest downloading TG2 and running the free version to give it a try.  A lot of things can be understood by coming here and following the threads.  Lots of great help and excellent tutoring...for free and even includes some files to assist. 

"Come on in.  The waters fine, fellas." - "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

it is terragen 0.9  :-\   i try TG2 but i must admit it's harder than TG1...
and my computer is not powerful...
i started to read the tutorial and i will try to do something with it ^^

thank you everyone !!!
i'll try to do what you say !
i did 2 other ones ...

oh ! and i am from Paris, France ! so sorry for my bad english ;)

rcallicotte

Don't take this the wrong way, since we'd be happy to work with you on TG2, but there's a forum specifically designed for TG .09.  That's why I mentioned, if you're interested, you could go here http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/tech_preview.shtml and download TG2 (at the bottom of the page) for free.  In my opinion, it has a lot to offer.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner

If these are TG 0.9 Well Done! These look great for TG 0.9 ..But I Really Recommend Downloading TG 2 Its much more Powerfull and Quite easy to get the hang of, Like what calico said ^^

Seth

Quote from: calico on August 02, 2007, 01:54:36 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, since we'd be happy to work with you on TG2, but there's a forum specifically designed for TG .09.  That's why I mentioned, if you're interested, you could go here http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/tech_preview.shtml and download TG2 (at the bottom of the page) for free.  In my opinion, it has a lot to offer.

ooooops !!! sorry didn't see that i posted in the wrong topic ! shame on me :)

Oshyan

The Image Sharing forum (here) can and should be used for TG 0.9 images as well as TG2. Of course if discussion on technique is needed, the TG 0.9 discussion area is the place to do it.

- Oshyan

zionner

seth....If you are going to get TG 2 I would be more than happy to Make up a basic Scene with things in it to help you learn how it works

Seth

thank you Zionner ! i must admit that looking at your pics made me wanted to try TG... so i would be very glad to do as you say to create a "basic scene" !  :D

zionner

Its Fine :)

Is It ok If I post it in a while, As I'm waiting for a render to finish, then post it on here..THEN i'll do it

That ok?

Thanks
Zionner

old_blaggard

I really like that planet image - nice job :).

Oh, and if you ever have a question that you have difficulty putting into English, don't be afraid to ask it in French; there are a few of us here who will be able to understand and respond.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

nvseal

I rather like your space shot there seth93. Nice work.

Seth

no problem Zionner ! i am not in a hurry ! i'll try your tutorial when you'll post it ! :D