My first worthy sunset 2024 34

Started by bobbystahr, February 13, 2015, 09:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

I recall waaay back in Terragen Classic days when setting up a sky seeing the 3D Clouds and Layers in the clouds dialogue and sighing wistfully. Well I had a realization that Clouds were always a major part of Terragen and Matt seemed to have big plans for them, and that brought me to luc's sunset thread with the realization I had never actually done a sunset I liked but had tried some shares etc. or had outright failures that were un-postable. Well with this image that era ends and I think I'm getting a handle on Clouds.
Here's the result of a 20h24m34s render and a clip file if you want.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

ADE

red sky decay is crying out "add me".....also tweak the sun, cloud and atmo colours...I love sunsets....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Terrade on February 14, 2015, 10:18:11 AM
red sky decay is crying out "add me".....also tweak the sun, cloud and atmo colours...I love sunsets....

Trying to do this without actually adding any colours as they're gonna be awful as I am you may recall colour blind   afficted with the red/green thing 50% of all men are...green could be brown or if it's bright might appear to me yellow, blues  get confused with purples and when we get to what most folks see as turquoise blue, well in the lighter versions I see only white....no excuse, just fact. Not bad for a colour disabled dude tho eh?
But as there's a .tgc feel free to tweak it and post it here, and maybe post a .tgc of what you did, it may be helpful as I may"get" what you've done with colours. At 20 hours rendering on my machine it's doubtful I'll be taking another stab at this till I get my confuser fixed/upgraded....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on February 14, 2015, 10:32:11 AM
I like it bobby!! :D

Thanks mate...think it was worth the 20 hour wait? heh heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 14, 2015, 10:54:31 AM
Quote from: archonforest on February 14, 2015, 10:32:11 AM
I like it bobby!! :D

Thanks mate...think it was worth the 20 hour wait? heh heh heh.
Yep it was but u still should put together a faster PC ;)
There are cheap i3 CPUs on the market. Several of them are dual core with hypher-thread and that would give u 4 render lines and that could speed up your renders nicely!
BTW did I mentioned before that I was listening a very nice song from you on the net? 8)

bobbystahr

Yep it was but u still should put together a faster PC ;)
There are cheap i3 CPUs on the market. Several of them are dual core with hypher-thread and that would give u 4 render lines and that could speed up your renders nicely!
BTW did I mentioned before that I was listening a very nice song from you on the net? 8)
[/quote]

Cool, remember the name of the tune?...there's a bunch on youtube under various spellings of my name, a lot were shot at an Open Mic I go to because I dig jamming with this particular guitarist, Tim Butler and a harp player, Andre LaCabanne...check Tim Butler's youtubes as he's quite awesome a player.
RE: the computer, it's more that I need a tech dude/dudette to stop by and reformat my HDD and reinstall everything. I am semi illiterate with DIY stuff except the use of programs. I am actually running a fairly fast machine AMD AthlonII X2 250 at 3.0Ghz with 8 G of ram and 1 on my video card, but I suffered a trojan infection a year or so ago that I managed to get rid myself of but it's left my system compromised and my tech guy whom I depended on has left town for sunnier climes....sigh...as well, as a pensioner I have enough to eat, take busses, and generally survive but it would take a healthy commission to get me a newer box, or even a paid tech support. Thanks for your concern tho but it's simply a matter of finding the golden tech right now. heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Understand. I would love to pass by to see your rig and fix but I am a bit far away :) 6559Km\4100 miles
Anycow the reformat and reinstall stuff is pretty easy. It will not speed up the renders but speed up the PC generally. If u want I can send u a write up on that ;)
The song called "Dad". You were playin in a Cofee house or somethin. Imagined myself sittin there with a nice cup of coffee... 8)

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on February 15, 2015, 04:15:46 AM
Understand. I would love to pass by to see your rig and fix but I am a bit far away :) 6559Km\4100 miles
Anycow the reformat and reinstall stuff is pretty easy. It will not speed up the renders but speed up the PC generally. If u want I can send u a write up on that ;)
The song called "Dad". You were playin in a Cofee house or somethin. Imagined myself sittin there with a nice cup of coffee... 8)

Thanks man, appreciate the thought any way. The song, actually Dear Dad/Cue Rewind was written as it came out in a conversation I was having with a close friend and we were talking about our Dads, and neither of us had met the others Dad. The first verse is verbatim conversation and when I'd said it Gord (my friend) said b star, y gotta write that down...it's a song for your Dad. This was 27 years after he'd passed on...took a while but I got it out finally. Working on one for my Mom who passed in 2001...almost there, and it better be faster than 27 years or I won't get that one done, hee hee hee
RE: render speeds...I fear I'm not optimizing my images well enough before hitting render...I tend to be like that....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

fleetwood

Good looking skyscape. I like the subtle colors as opposed to "Blazing" sunsets.

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on February 15, 2015, 12:43:21 PM
Good looking skyscape. I like the subtle colors as opposed to "Blazing" sunsets.

quite so, I as well favour the subtler skies...with barely visible crepuscular rays...thanks man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

oysteroid

I like your sunset too! Subtle is nice!

DocCharly65

Leave it as it is... I like it... subtile and great!  :)