New Render Complete

Started by zionner, August 02, 2007, 04:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I'm going to fall into disfavor with the majority and say I like the first one best.  It's more subtle.  Nevertheless, preference being what it is, if you stay with this second one I recommend texturing your terrain.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner

Well..I think now im going to start going for Extra-Terrestrial Terrains (Unless anyone wants me to continue on this)

Thanks for your feedback everyone!
Zionner

ProjectX

You've set the density far too high for those igh clouds, they need to be much softer, it just doesn't look realistic as they are. i would much prefer a different colour to grey for the rock, because it's dull (especially when the only other colour is white) and it's been done a lot before. The displacement on the slopes is wacky, but in a good way. You need more colour in the shadows, I suggest using oshyan's or bigben's fill lights along with GI for this, oh and change the colour of the sunlight. Make it slightly blue (a cold snow picture) or slightly yellow (a warm snow picture) to give a bit more colour to the scene. Otherwise, looking great!

zionner

Ok, I have Reduced The Cloud Density and Changed some Colour Settings (I was already using the Fill Lights and GI)

sjefen

I like the first one best and agree with calico.
I also think it's a little hard place my eyes in the second one.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

zionner

Ok, Heres the Newest Version of my Render...I've done as Project X Suggested...and i have to say it looks somewhat better,

Enjoy!

As Always Comments Welcome

monks

The first pic is way way better- as a composition and as an image. All the 1st one lacks is some work on the clouds as suggested.

monks

rcallicotte

I agree with monks, except that I think a little work on the snow would have been useful.

Herein lies a a general situation we all face, and it's a good one - we all have different viewpoints of what looks good.  Finding the universal good is what inspires us.  So just keep trying until that special something clicks for you and work it with all your might.

zionner

Thanks, After you said that I went back and had a look...and I agree..The snow dose make the picture look..somewhat fake..However I'm Starting Work on a few diffrent Renders Now....Mainly Extra Terrestrial

Thanks for the C&C
Zionner

rcallicotte

Another good reason to like TG2 - the ability to work on something completely different for awhile, in case we decide to come back to another idea.  Space to expand.