My first Terragen animation

Started by kalwalt, February 22, 2015, 05:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

I want to share my first animation. Nothing special only 9 seconds, excuse me for the low quality. this is only a start. One of my guess is mavbe was better to disable motion blur, but this was more a test than a work. Lot of learn also in the field of animation. Hoping one day i will do a nice work! :)

https://vimeo.com/120312139
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

TheBadger

Really a cool terrain. Agree about MB. There are some threads about not using it at all and just adding blur in post, there is some nice software for it.
Plus not rendering blur save render time.

Cool test.
It has been eaten.

Upon Infinity

Hey, nice job!  Kinda looked like it bounced off some glass or something at the end. 

Dune

Looks good. It's great fun, isn't it, to see your landscape in movement.

kalwalt

Quote from: TheBadger on February 22, 2015, 08:05:53 PM
Really a cool terrain. Agree about MB. There are some threads about not using it at all and just adding blur in post, there is some nice software for it.
Plus not rendering blur save render time.

Cool test.

yes i think i will redo it without MB. I found some resources in the forum.

Thank's to all for the nice comments!
I would also add some vegetations, and improve the shaders just to add a bit more detail. :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

DocCharly65

Oshyan

If you have access to TG3 Professional, you can output Render Elements, including Motion Vectors. The Motion Vectors can be used in some 3rd party compositing/video editing software to add motion blur, or you can use the Image File Processor in TG3 to actually add Terragen's 2d motion blur after the fact. It's a lot faster than rendering motion blur in full 3D and the results can still be quite good, plus it's non-destructive if you do it as a post-process this way.

- Oshyan

kalwalt

Quote from: Oshyan on February 26, 2015, 01:01:29 PM
If you have access to TG3 Professional, you can output Render Elements, including Motion Vectors. The Motion Vectors can be used in some 3rd party compositing/video editing software to add motion blur, or you can use the Image File Processor in TG3 to actually add Terragen's 2d motion blur after the fact. It's a lot faster than rendering motion blur in full 3D and the results can still be quite good, plus it's non-destructive if you do it as a post-process this way.

- Oshyan
Thank you for the tips. No, unfortunately i haven't the pro. Only the the Creative plus animation at this time. I will plan to buy the Pro plus animation version in a near future, not so many money for now.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat