Hidden Grotto

Started by RArcher, August 03, 2007, 03:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RArcher

I have been having a nightmare time with this one trying to get it to render at a reasonable detail level without crashing.  I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong since it randomly crashes (never at the same point) whenever I up the image size or detail level.  I'm hoping that with the next update some of the crash bugs can be worked out.

Anyway, I've called this one "Hidden Grotto" and I am quite pleased with the way it has turned out so far.  Still hoping to get it rendered at 1080 x 1440 and a higher detail level, but I guess that will have to wait.

Thanks for looking!

-Ryan Archer

Buzzzzz

Really nice Work!  ;D  I have that same problem and what I have been doing is rendering crops. I split it up into 6 renders making sure to overlap enough to put it together in Photoshop. Might be worth a try? Keep up the good work! :)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Nice job!  I love the overhangs and the stylized terrain.  I wonder what is up with the crashing.  I did a similar exercise once and I didn't have any crashing problems.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Tangled-Universe

I'd really consider Buzzzzz's suggestion. This might help you until the bug-fixes will be released.
I really like the displacements and stratas. The ones on the foreground look nicely stylized and the ones on the rocks in the background look very natural.
Great job!

Martin

RArcher

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Buzzzzz, when you are crop rendering, is the overlap to help the with GI accuracy, or do you use the fill light setup to minimize differences in the renders?