Started by Dune, March 02, 2015, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I've been thinking about a book, same as my artbook, but just images, no stories. Maybe I will, some day.

Right now, I am frustrated; I put a population of farms and one of sheds in, took quite a while to edit them to the right area, and after my trial render, they all sit on the wrong place!  >:( :( :-\ F***k
I remember someone else having this issue, and I had it before also, but I can't remember waht caused it and what to do about it.

Edited, stopped like it should be stopped and rendered.... wrong! And I prefer editing, or I would have to insert all objects one at the time.

Dune

Just re-edited, stopped editing; hit populate (which it would if sent to a farm), and they all moved back to their old place. Am I doing something wrong?

choronr

Maybe disable all vegetation pops; then, try again with the pops of farms/sheds and see what happens?

Dune

No, I just found out what happened; I had the buildings masked by sand mask, but changed the image map color to lineair. Changed the sand back and the buildings sit on the edited locations. Now I can sleep quietly  :)

choronr

Oshyan

Very nice images as usual. But I always want to see them with real populations for the fields. Too much memory use Ulco? :D

- Oshyan

Dune

That's something I might consider, as I'm not very happy with the edges. I find it very hard to make believable procedural vegetation for close-up to mid distance. As soon as you render small or have more overview, it's much easier.

Changed the light, I like this better, though you now miss the shining stream.

Luc

Hi

Very believable .. but I think previous light gave more contrast to your beautiful scenery

luc

Quote from: Dune on March 05, 2015, 02:23:01 AM
That's something I might consider, as I'm not very happy with the edges. I find it very hard to make believable procedural vegetation for close-up to mid distance. As soon as you render small or have more overview, it's much easier.

Changed the light, I like this better, though you now miss the shining stream.
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

mhaze

Seed Key?  I like the cloud shadows more real.

bobbystahr

I also like the cloud shadowing and the stream looks fine without bling(sparkles) I'm guessing that real pops would on a project this size eat all the memory you could throw at it eh......
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I think only the sides would need the real rye objects; the center areas are quite (or very) even anyway. I have to check what's left of it when printed.

Here's a real ryefield for comparison.

otakar

You took the straight lines out - big difference! Yeah you do see the procedural fields as clearly fake at this resolution. Also, there should be gaps here and there where the plants are trampled or maybe not growing as well. I like the thought of just populating the edges, though I imagine it would be tough to match the color for a seamless transition. And it would be a bear to create a working mask for all this! :)

Dune

Good idea about the not-so-well growing areas, usually the edges. Have to work on that. But the whole area is so large that it's hardly worth putting millions of rye plants in. Far easier to do some soft cloning in post.

bobbystahr

I don't have the big version but I'd think it would be fairly easy to duplicate and re-size or move object layers in Photoshop. Or is that not how object layers work?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I don't know, never done layers in TG yet, but I'll probably stick to an easier method (some post), though I will try some real pops, just to see if it works.