Started by Dune, March 02, 2015, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

.. as soon as I loose you a few weeks from my eyes, a new little wonder appears ... Ok - I was sure, this would happen :)

Great work!

3Dships

Blooming heck.... Looks very complicated compared to what I try to achieve! Think I better not want to get to close to the coast as yet (-:
The passions are the winds that fill the ship's sails; although they sometimes cause its destruction it could not proceed without them. -Voltaire-

zaxxon

I like the idea of dense populations, certainly TG has enough horsepower.  Curious to see how that would look in these scenes, but maybe overkill for this commission?

Dune

I still have to try, but I think indeed it's overkill. Hardly visible as objects, especially when it's been printed. Render resolution will be 8460px wide, but print will be at 300dpi, so much smaller than viewed 100% on screen.

Dune

I won't be using objects; too much work and not really necessary. I just softened the edges a bit and added some PF for wind-degraded rye, and a number of fields that are being harvested. Also added a field of 'hop' (which will be less green), and changed POV a bit.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 19, 2015, 08:42:58 AM
I won't be using objects; too much work and not really necessary. I just softened the edges a bit and added some PF for wind-degraded rye, and a number of fields that are being harvested. Also added a field of 'hop' (which will be less green), and changed POV a bit.

Agree to un necessary at the final print size...fabulous in any case.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

I think that works very well. Such a joy looking at these detail renders. Yes, please tone down that poison green! :)

choronr

Minute details just about everywhere you look ...fine work Ulco.

Dune

Forgot these. I had some trouble with editing the population of village farms; on crop 4B you'll see a wrongly resized farm. I wanted to change it back, but couldn't select that particular farm anymore, whatever I tried. I could select others but not this one. Very strange, and I'll report it at the alpha forum. So I had to restore all instances and reposition/resize 14 or so all over, which worked.

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on March 19, 2015, 12:01:04 PM
.... couldn't select that particular farm anymore, whatever I tried. I could select others but not this one. ...

Don't know if this is your problem or not, but I had something similar happen to me. Oshyan advised pressing the left bracket key once or twice and then trying to select. I did, and it worked. But I don't have a clue why.

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on March 19, 2015, 08:05:00 PM
Quote from: Dune on March 19, 2015, 12:01:04 PM
.... couldn't select that particular farm anymore, whatever I tried. I could select others but not this one. ...

Don't know if this is your problem or not, but I had something similar happen to me. Oshyan advised pressing the left bracket key once or twice and then trying to select. I did, and it worked. But I don't have a clue why.

Will try this next time, cuz there WILL be a next time, I edit a pop....thanks for passing this along mate...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I don't think that'll work, as I also tried with the camera higher up, and other instances were accessible. But thanks!

mhaze

I've just had the same problem with a simple shader that would not select until I used right click select and then I couldn't edit it.

Dune

This is another village and not in 1650, but 1340 (August 23), but I might as well put it up here. It's a crop of a larger image for the same book. Needs some work still, and higher detail and soft shadows for the final. I wonder why the buildings don't have darker ground inside, as you can see through some open doors. Is that because they consist of a single plane as wall and roof, not extruded as double? Easily fixed, but just curious.

bobbystahr

That's lovely Ulco. Especially like the shadows in this one. All the people have a very 'real' effect as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New