Fall - Final!

Started by mhaze, March 02, 2015, 04:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Zaxxon, I may even publish the node trees for this as they are basically very simple.

TheBadger

Lots of great stuff in this image. Of course I like the cubic rocks best.

One crit, at the bottom of the falls there is two paths the water takes. The one nearest the cam appears to have the water going up hill. And anyway, I don't think you need the two channels. The main one is good enough.

Another thing I like a lot is how the water has back filled to form the pool in the foreground. Would be cool to see some people hanging out there, even swimming if that is something you have assets for.

It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on March 07, 2015, 02:00:53 PM
Zaxxon, I may even publish the node trees for this as they are basically very simple.

lovely
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

I had to change the stream! As Badger pointed out it was flowing upstream!

TheBadger

Looks like you are there man!!
It has been eaten.

choronr

Ever so nice. What you've done here is outstanding!

archonforest

Awesome stuff!!
Can u tell us how those rocks were done? I really like how they look.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

inkydigit

8) 8) 8)
Outstanding stuff Mick!
Truly beautiful!
:)
J

otakar

Very good! It's absolutely an improvement and perhaps one of the top 10 renders this year that I have seen. The edges of the fall still seem a bit abrupt/linear to me, but I would not know how to make it better. Congrats on a fine piece of work!

Dune

Very well done, Mick. I love it too. There's a minor thing that's bugging me; the fall and rock wall somehow seem high, like 100m or so, while the foreground shrub are kind of in a different smaller landscape; there's a certain discrepancy in magnitude. Overly critical perhaps, but still wanted to ventilate it.

mhaze

The fall is about 12m high! the veg(especially the heather) in this case maybe a tad large.  I was thinking the picure needed something to give it scale but I couldn't think of anything to add that wouldn't spoil the picture - maybe some sheep?

DocCharly65

First: great!

after longer time looking: The (I think) only inconsistency for me:

can you make the fall less nebular and give it some more water-like structure (perhaps another shader)?
I don't want to have a too big mouth...
I have fought myself before with water and fog ... the fight is far from being over  ;)

Dune

Yeah, maybe it's the watervapor that misleads me. Perhaps do add a few larger shrub or a tree near the fall?

ADE