Grasslands at sunset

Started by ovaflo, August 03, 2007, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovaflo

You can see a larger size at

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61360599/

I dont even want to talk about render times, grass makes it too long.Besides crit on the grainyness, I'd love to hear what was wrong with it. A LOT of post photoshop work was done. The second file is what it looked like when TG2 was done. The 1st is the finished verison. As you can see, I wasnt aware of just how far the grass clumps really were. So in the final there is a small patch where its very obvious I painted over it. Sigh, oh well.

rcallicotte

Like the perspective and the lighting.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

I'm sorry for my probably poor understanding, but are both images the same render? I mean: the first image is a touched-up version in photoshop of the render below?
That would be really amazing and well done. Seems like you have been using quite extreme atmo-settings because the rays and sky are quite clear. Ok, they're grainy but I don't consider it to be disturbing at all. Increasing atmo-settings would alleviate rendertimes well over 300 hours! (keeping in mind this one took >200 hours)
I really like the hazy and moody atmo. Lighting is very nice and not too dramatic.

Martin

ozijon

Hi I to had a long time render with the grass once so now i just put enough grass as what you can see in front of the cam much faster render time The pic looks nice to just need my sunnys on thow  ;D

ovaflo

@ Tangled-Universe

Yes, thats correct. The one that has the pink spot and the grass patches that are too far apart is the orginal render. While the one with no pink spot and the grass is continous is after I put it into phtoshop. And thanks

@ Ozijon
yeah grass times kill. The begining of the actual grass was the hardest cuz there is actually grass on that little hill in the front, but after it got past that render time sped up significantly. I was really pleased with how the grass came out too, since in the test renders it was always to dark and too small to actually see the grass.

@ Calico

thank you