Rocket ascent profile

Started by russe166, March 13, 2015, 08:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russe166

Hi!
A quick render from a calculated rocket ascent profile. The profile is a mesh made in blender and set to illumination in Terragen. To get no gaps in the profile I have set the detail and anti-aliasing very high. So the last part of the profile in the right upper corner is rendered in crop sections and then put together.

lat 64

Is that a real trajectory from data then?(edit: re-read your post.Right, calculated.)

I like the way it illuminates the clouds. Looks like a open-shutter long-exposure photo.
Do you think a fella could import a rocket smoke trail from Blender somehow. There are certainly better tools for smoke in Blender and, as you know, I'm working on a rocket too. 8)
It would be great for me to have a nice curved trajectory in the path.

Russ
I'm a half century plus ten yrs old. Yikes!

Dune

Perhaps there is a way of making the same trajectory in a cloud layer and illuminate that...

russe166

Quote from: lat 64 on March 13, 2015, 12:03:39 PM
Do you think a fella could import a rocket smoke trail from Blender somehow. There are certainly better tools for smoke in Blender and, as you know, I'm working on a rocket too. 8)
It would be great for me to have a nice curved trajectory in the path.

Russ

I have no idea how to get the smoke from Blender into Terragen  :-\

Quote from: Dune on March 13, 2015, 01:19:58 PM
Perhaps there is a way of making the same trajectory in a cloud layer and illuminate that...

I have tried a cloudlayer with an ImageMap shader and a camera for projection, so to use it as final density modulator. But in my case that works only if the projector is the render camera or close to it. When I move the render camera (not the projector) around the projected ascent path, it changes shape and position.