Luminosity Map,

Started by 3Dships, March 20, 2015, 08:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Dships

Hi guys,

Have been busy paying the bills with other software but after showing some people the stuff I recently did with TG I received confirmation for a TG commission yesterday so I got a license & started a bit (still trying to finish 2 other projects...).

Does anybody know if it is possible to get Luminosity image maps working in TG. It's like an image map that lights your model when you turn the other lights down. I tried a bit but no luck so far /-:

See image attached how that looks in another package.

Regards, H4n$
The passions are the winds that fill the ship's sails; although they sometimes cause its destruction it could not proceed without them. -Voltaire-

Dune

Did you feed it into the default shader's luminosity tab of the ship? If it's a UV map for the whole ship that should work, I guess.

3Dships

Thanks Dune, can't remember what I tried last night but I will try that when I should be sleeping tonight! I'll let you know if it worked...
The passions are the winds that fill the ship's sails; although they sometimes cause its destruction it could not proceed without them. -Voltaire-

Oshyan

Indeed, you would use a grayscale image with your lights UV-mapped in another app to the correct position and load it into the Luminosity channel of the Default Shader that corresponds to your lights UV group after the model loads in TG (meaning, you have to create the light textures and align them correctly in another app that handles UV mapping first). Then adjust the Luminosity value until you get enough light - you may need quite high values, e.g. above 1 (perhaps well above 1), depending on the scene, size of model, etc. Also, you may need higher GI settings to get best results, something like 4/4 or 6/6 (cache detail/sample quality).

- Oshyan