3 dark frames

Started by bigben, March 26, 2015, 07:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Hi All

Just running a quick animation of a model we processed for someone and I'm trying to figure out what's causing these three odd frames.  2 of the frames are almost black, and performing autolevels on them shows what looks like the PF shader on the planet filling the whole screen, and the 3rd image looks like the right camera position but the frame is darker. There doesn't appear to be anything wierd in the camera positions.  Model is 500mb, 4 x 4096px jpg textures  Tried a range of things removing most of the other settings I tweaked (removing soft shadows, disabling 4D noise in cloud, disabling atmosphere, disabling motion blur) all to no effect.

Any ideas on where I might look for a cause?

bigben

Moved the sun and increased GI and the problem went away... a bit odd.

Dune

TG keeps surprising, sometimes in a  :( way, mostly  :D Glad you found it, as I couldn't help.

Oshyan

Strange. Usually these kinds of abrupt rendering changes between frames seem to result from motion blur issues (which can occur, in certain ways, even when Motion Blur *rendering* is disabled, due to frame offset settings). But I don't think that's what's going on here. Is it possible you're below the terrain? What specifically is animated, the camera?

- Oshyan

bigben

Yes, just the camera.  Just a quick and dirty test to show the guys what else can be done with their models.

Dune

Except for the trees this looks pretty neat.

bigben

Yes, the trees always look blobby with photogrammetry..... but the software is also designed to create DEMs that exclude buildings and trees by classifying those points that define the ground...  so you can get a terrain object (or DEM) with an ortho photo that will show you where to put trees back in, and then mesh the buildings separately.  Still to fully test it out though.

bigben

Be careful when flying drones near hedges.....  flew through a hedge ;)  You may laugh now.

Dune

Better than through (car) windows  ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 30, 2015, 05:24:44 AM
Better than through (car) windows  ;)
hee hee hee Ulco...Nice lil test Ben, glad you solved the problem as I'd have been no help at all....must play more with animation as I do have a full ver 2
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist