TG materials sticky request

Started by TheBadger, March 31, 2015, 12:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

lol
Yeah.

Well, improvement was a dream. 60 Pages of unorganized resources is something we are used to here. ;D
It has been eaten.

Dune

@Allen1: I kind of joked about the old tgc's, but if you're really willing to have a look and get the best of them organized and put in the new library I think you'll get a lot of gratitude. I personally wouldn't really need them, but they'd be welcomed by a lot of users, no doubt.

bobbystahr

Agree with Dune, most folks add an image of the tgc in any case and that seems adequate.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Dune

bobbystahr

Nice iron, I see the pic, didja ferget the .tgc?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I think it doesn't necessarily be one object, as long as the effect is clear. It's up to Oshyan to open a sticky child, I guess.

TheBadger

^^ I agree. Its not necessary for sure. But it really helps for some reason, when things are presented in an orderly and nice way, to increase productivity and even creativity... I feel

Maybe all we need is a mod to keep the thread in order. Moving the posted files up into the first post spot so everything is easy to find, and the rest of the thread can just be used for trouble shooting?

I kinda thought the TG library is what this is for, but that is why I pushed for the object. I thought the object would ultimately make the library more useful for these kinds of shader clips. Probably we could use 1 or 2 volunteer mods anyway. The only prob wit dat, is that on the rest of the net, mods tend to become post Nazis. ;D :-\
It has been eaten.

Dune

Yeah, we don't want uninteresting clutter and rubbish, but who'd like to play the nazi mod? Not me, anyway.

archonforest

Awesome Idea here!

khmmm...what is "nazi mod" :o
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Referring to the Nazi-like moderators Michael mentioned  ;)

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

TheBadger

lol  ;D funny.

QuoteMaybe i am over thinking this
Yeah me too. But not really. We just want to make things a bit better is all. No harm in it!
Besides, we never know who may come up with a great idea when we have threads like this.

Still, it would help if Matt and Oshyan would chime in. There is not much we can do without them, for example, a volunteer to collect forum resources into one or two places (there are hundreds of awesome things here that don't get the exposure they deserve). And also, how about how the TG library and the subjects in this thread could be made to work together better? I mean the TG library is kinda gota be a part of this. no?

About the mod, besides what we already talked about. He/she could also keep me from my "woke up at 4 am, and want to fight with people" posts. That may be well received here ;) ;D. If I am the only one calling him or her a post nazi... sticks and stones, right  ;D :P
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

I assumed it would just be handled the same way the existing threads have been managed all this time (which is to say, fairly loosely). So one of you can start a thread and we'll Sticky it, or if you prefer, we can start the thread and introduce it briefly (e.g. "This thread is for posting of Terragen texture networks in TGC or TGD format" etc.).

As far as what object(s) to use, I personally like the idea of a standard object or set of objects (at different scales), but I do see it may be too complicated or not adhered to by everyone. The nice thing about shared resources, of course, is that anyone could download it and then submit a preview on the appropriate object.

Ultimately forum threads are not the truly ideal place to share and *organize* this stuff, but it's a good place to start. Long-term perhaps a new section of the Wiki (files can be uploaded), or a specific file sharing system can be used.

- Oshyan