My Canoe (All but the buffing)

Started by sonshine777, August 04, 2007, 06:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Thought I would share a photo of my canoe which is almost done.

Edit: Just the buffing left (I have to wait for 7 days, for the varnish to cure)
Here are some more photos.

rcallicotte

Wow!  Excellent work!  Is it float worthy?   :P  I don't know a thing about this. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

Yes it will float ;D The weight of the canoe when finished will be 55 lbs. It is made of cedar strips covered by fiberglass. It will hold 500 lbs. I will post some photos when we launch it which will be in about 2 1/2 weeks. I have several more coats of varnish to apply and it will be that long before the varnish is fully cured.

Will

very nice, personally I'm more of a kayak man myself bun canoes are great for fishin'.

you are a good carpenter.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Ooh, that's a very nice canoe!  I can't wait for more pictures.  Where are you planning to give it its maiden voyage?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Harvey Birdman

That looks gorgeous! Nice work.

sonshine777

Quote from: old_blaggard on August 05, 2007, 12:20:19 AM
Ooh, that's a very nice canoe!  I can't wait for more pictures.  Where are you planning to give it its maiden voyage?

Around here there are several possibilities, so I'm not sure yet. I'm doing the boat along with some other dads and their son in my Boy Scout troop and they aren't as far along. We are building five at one time. I'll let you know when we figure it out. :)

moodflow

That looks like a professional job to me!  Very very impressive.   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

sonshine777

rcallicotte

My wife and I think your work is awesome.  Great job!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Wow man, that's a great looking canoe  ;D Nice work!
You're going on a trip with the boy scout group when they're all finished?

Martin

sonshine777

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on August 13, 2007, 11:23:33 AM
Wow man, that's a great looking canoe  ;D Nice work!
You're going on a trip with the boy scout group when they're all finished?

Martin

I just got back from a family reunion so sorry for the delay. Yes we are planning to take them out together later this year. It may only be a day trip as the season is getting late.