Neighbors with Few Social Skills and Overinflated Egos

Started by PabloMack, April 19, 2015, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

It seems about once a year that a neighbor I have never met decides to show how "smart" he is when I am outside doing yard work. They don't come up to me to introduce themselves but, instead, the first thing that comes out of their mouth goes something like "Let me show you what you are doing wrong." This guy was apparently on his way to the local convenience store to buy some more beer. He was displeased that I was taking so long doing the edging and thought I should be spending more of my time sitting on the couch drinking alcoholic beverages and less time getting exercise. He said I was taking too much time and going too slow edging with my "weed eater". So he expected me to hand my equipment over to him so that I could see how abuse of my equipment would make me a better couch potato. I wasn't about to do that so I told him that I wasn't inclined to make myself feel obligated to him. He wasn't the one who had lots of experience with having to learn the peculiarities of the equipment that I purchased and deal with its design shortcomings. As he was returning from the store I looked him in the eye to see if he had anything else to say but he just looked wildly in every direction but mine to actively pretend like I wasn't there. This guy has a lot to learn about social skills.

Dune

Nice neighbour  :P Better have a far friend than such a nice neighbour  ;)

PabloMack