Good and Evil

Started by NWsenior07, August 05, 2007, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsenior07

Perhaps the line between good and Evil is not so thin after all...

I'd like to get rid of the graniness in the bottom center, I've already cranked the GI up pretty high, should I try the detail settings next?

rcallicotte

Good question and I don't have the answer.  I think this is a common occurrence when pushing certain boundaries with cloudiness.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

What are your atmosphere quality settings?

NWsenior07

I have them set at 64 for all three planets. Should I turn the main planet's quality up some?

moodflow

Quote from: NWsenior07 on August 05, 2007, 11:52:47 PM
I have them set at 64 for all three planets. Should I turn the main planet's quality up some?

You'll likely need 128 or more, but just for the main planet (not the moons).
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Tangled-Universe

Yep, try 128 or even more after that...
But don't forget to lower back your GI settings and do some cropped test-renders of the "problem area".

Martin

sjefen

Nice clouds.
Looks like evil wins ;D
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

NWsenior07

I revisited the TGD and found that my atmo's quality was only 16. I turned it up to 64 and did a test render on the problem region like you suggested Tangled-Universe and the problem was solved. I'm doing a 1 level detail render with the atmo at 80 quality for good measure right now, its up to 21 hours and its not even done with half the dot matrix so I'll have a re-render in the next couple of days.

Tangled-Universe

What are your GI settings?
Lowering these could save you lots of rendertime.
Looking forward to see the results of your test.

Martin

NWsenior07

My GI is 3/3 though at this point I think I'm going to just the the thing render.

NWsenior07

I re-rendered with the new atmo settings, it took 101 hours but I think its worth it.

Tangled-Universe

Yes this is really worth the waiting, what an improvement! There's little to no grain  :)
Very nice picture, good concept and great execution!

Martin