Majestic Peak

Started by moodflow, August 06, 2007, 02:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

This one took about 4 hours to render, and about the same to setup from scratch.  I wanted to put something together that was simple and fast that matched my original plan, and that would also look halfway decent. 

I didn't have time to dial in all that much (due to putting a time limit), so I am slightly disappointed in the mountain texturing, which I feel could have been alot better.  The trees are supposed to be "silhouetted", so not much detail is neccessary on them.

Some slight color/contrast corrections in photoshop. 

I hope you like it. 

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Tangled-Universe

Hey this looks pretty awesome! Very nice concept and execution!
You already mentioned the mountain's surfacework could be improved. I'd try to restrict the snow a little more.
The silhouetted trees are really fine. Renderquality is very good also. Which settings did you use?

I have some suggestions:
Further I'd try to lower the cloud-plane just a little little bit and try to get it more horizontal and to give it a little bit more fluffy/cumulo look.
Maybe you could also lower the sun a little and increase red sky decay to get some more yellow/orange lighting on the mountain and it's snow and probably a nice soft glow on the clouds, that'll look awesome  ;D
Maybe you could also decrease the size of the moon a little (half the size at least) because it fills up your empty sky way too much (to my personal taste of course).
It draws too much attention I think and that's a pity, because there's so much to see :)
I hope you understand my suggestions aren't meant to be negative, just to be of (good?) help :o)

So, it's very nice image, it certainly looks "halfway decent" ;-) even better...

Martin

sjefen

That is awsome. I love the pov and the tree models look great.
But I think it will be better if you lower the clouds as Tangled-Universe suggested.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

This reminds me of an Ansel Adams picture, but in color...except for the trees in the foreground that, to be like Ansel, would need to have some fill light.   :D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?