The Pool Animation

Started by DocCharly65, May 10, 2015, 03:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Just a feasibility study. I will work on the details soon.

I was on search for a most easy way to animate the poolwater very calm (otherwise I would also need moving leaves on the bushes).
A watershader with 0.00 waves and a softened displacement shader with 4d noise work OK!
I will try another animation test with less noise variations and hope it will not look like now with higher waves on the left side than on the right side of the pool.
Also too fast moving camera spoils a little bit the effect.

Enjoy:

Dune

Really nice, very subtle. The crickets are a nice addition, I wish I were there...

DocCharly65

Thanks :) Just a test... but an important one, I'm very glad it worked... and now (as you also can see in my weekend-home-threat) - a lot of work to do.

This morning when my girl saw the house, she said: "Somehow this scene and that house remembers me to something... ... Ahh... Dallas, (the TV show)   ::) ;D

I  WILL  NOT   ANIMATE   J.R. EWING   SWIMMING   IN   THAT   POOL!!!

;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 11, 2015, 03:24:15 AM
Thanks :) Just a test... but an important one, I'm very glad it worked... and now (as you also can see in my weekend-home-threat) - a lot of work to do.

This morning when my girl saw the house, she said: "Somehow this scene and that house remembers me to something... ... Ahh... Dallas, (the TV show)   ::) ;D

I  WILL  NOT   ANIMATE   J.R. EWING   SWIMMING   IN   THAT   POOL!!!

;D

Thanks for that at least Doc...water is very nice and the crickets add a lot. Sound is so important in animation. It's always worth getting the right ambient sound to promote reality in an animation. Well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist