Hunting the Auroch

Started by Dune, May 15, 2015, 10:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Changed the complete eyes, which were too complicated anyway, with separate pupil, iris and eyeball. Also copied some grass to the head of the beast in Lightwave, saved as separate object to add if necessary. It turned out a bit scarce, but I'll leave it at this. Using a UV mask for the grass on set areas also works like a dream, by the way.

bobbystahr

That nails it for me....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Dune

Last before closing off. Final rendered last night in 15 hours. Some postwork necessary, especially the furry stuff. Here's a small mutilated piece of the total.

DocCharly65

When I saw the last test I was a little disturbed by the extreme blood colour.
But now I'm glad and love it how it looks. It will be a really really big work again, Ulco  :)

TheBadger

On the one hand I feel sorry for the animal. On the other I really like ribs. I doubt they were very good cooks back then, but barbecue is pretty easy.
I'm definitely for gun hunting though, this bow and arrow thing is not very clean. 308 or bigger I would say.

Tasty renders, Ulco.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Looks great! But why is this guy on the upper left pixelated? Are you hiding something? ;)

Dune

I can't publish on the web without some sort of 'protection', hence the pixelization. Won't post the whole thing either, sorry.
I did quite a lot of editing in the end. If enlarged to 200% you can see errors very well (some vertices, etc). But I think the client can be satisfied.

Hannes

Indeed! Well, that protection thing explains it. Great work, Ulco!

dorianvan

Nice work Ulco, but keep the blood in the final. Those crude arrow tips probably ripped some holes. You could even have some torn flesh around a couple holes and more blood (I don't talk like a vegetarian, do I?).
-Dorian

Cocateho

This is really awesome work. I do agree that there should be some blood in the final though, seems it might detract a bit if there wasn't with all those arrows poking out. Also,having zoomed in and seeing the expression on they guy's face in the top left, I can't un-see it haha. Somebody picked up the wrong herbs for their food that morning  ::)

Dune

A few more then. With the blood and some final post tweaks.

dorianvan

-Dorian

Dune

Thanks, Dorian. BTW: still no work on Sinaï?