Crashing at end of render

Started by tsilverl, May 16, 2015, 03:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsilverl

I'm running OS X 10.10.3, MacBook Pro, 8gb ram, >100gb free drive space. Tested with Terragen v3.1.02, 3.2.02, and 3.2.04. Rendering a cropped portion (about 1\6th at bottom right). Full image would be 18000 x 10125 pixels (I have rendered larger images). Tested by loading default file with no changes except render size and crop. Crashes every time. Anyone have any ideas?

Oshyan

So it crashes *in the default scene* when rendering at this specific size? Does it only happen with a crop render? Have you tried slightly different sizes (by a few pixels, maybe 10126px for example).

- Oshyan

tsilverl

I went for a full render on my production file but lost the render toward the end with a crash. Then I tried a crop with the same result. Then a crop with the default file and still no go. Backing the size down to 17778 x 10000 and rendering a cropped segment on the default file has worked so far. I'll try this on my production file and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response and incredible software.

- Tim

Oshyan

Glad to hear that worked. Renders that size should work, but 8GB of RAM may not be enough with other elements in your scene that may be taking up memory. Also make sure you have *not* changed the Subdiv Cache size nor enabled "Preallocate Subdiv Cache". I would also suggest monitoring memory use for the Terragen application while rendering to see if it may indeed be a memory issue.

- Oshyan