harbour 1100 AD

Started by Dune, May 26, 2015, 10:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Maybe post some video of the exhibit if you can.

bobbystahr

Is the water turned off on that boat detail?..Also I like the rafts but they're missing the ropes that bind the logs together..."Nit Pickin Bobby"
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yes, water turned off for speed. I just wanted to check the density of bush and trees in distance. And the ropes I purposely left out. Easier to add in post.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 21, 2015, 10:01:22 AM
Yes, water turned off for speed. I just wanted to check the density of bush and trees in distance. And the ropes I purposely left out. Easier to add in post.

thanks..I get all that, once explained....I'm old and easily confused lately it seems, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I think I got a better sky now, not too obtrusive, calm, etc. And some more tests. They wanted a slight turn of the camera so I did, but obviously made a mistake in the angle calculation.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 22, 2015, 02:45:53 AM
I think I got a better sky now, not too obtrusive, calm, etc. And some more tests. They wanted a slight turn of the camera so I did, but obviously made a mistake in the angle calculation.

so it's not going to be a tryptych then?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 22, 2015, 03:08:01 AM
Quote from: Dune on August 22, 2015, 02:45:53 AM

so it's not going to be a tryptych then?

I thought the same.
Looks so great!
The first one with that old photography-look is my favorite.

Dune

FINISHED! After 122 hours of rendering, and the result is awesome. Now some post and they can go printing.

DocCharly65

Congratulations - must be an incredibly great feeling!  :)

Dune

Thanks, Nils. It is. I can't stand waiting, especially when thunderstorms are passing. I watched the last buckets like I used to watch Santa Claus coming  ;)

Kadri

Congrats Ulco. The render length is nearly animation long :)

AP

A little over five days. Golly!   

If your residence is fully grounded and your computer is on a battery backup, you should be good.

Hannes

WOW!!! Worth the waiting! Congratulations, Ulco.

Dune

Thanks guys. Render is 22140x6971px, made in 3 frames of 7380x6971px. Next commission is a bit smaller, pff.