harbour 1100 AD

Started by Dune, May 26, 2015, 10:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Really nice work Ulco, I like the perspective.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

mhaze

DocCharly65

Thats so great, Ulco...

It's good that you do the Project and not me... I probably would destroy it by adding some overhead power lines in the far  ;D

Dune

It would be fun to hide something modern (guy on moped) in a medieval landscape, but I doubt if the museum director would be as happy.

DocCharly65

Yes, like a white van driving behind Winnetou and Old Shatterhany in the original American-Jugoslawian Desert  ;D

I like eastereggs, but better if you do not upset the museum director

archonforest

Put a terminator at the back executing villagers :D
...i missed my morning coffee :o...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

Put the museum director. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

More updates. Messing with pov and light, and started adding a few more houses (edited pop actually, but with other houses in between you won't notice, I think). I prefer the higher pov, but I'll have to cut the island off a bit at the front.
Also divided the 18.5m wall in four fitting sections/renders instead of two, so now the memory cost at max resolution is only 10GB  :)
Any comments are of course highly appreciated!

DocCharly65

Lovely panoramas!

Is that red flag on the ship also available less intensive? That's all I found...

Kadri

Looks good Ulco.I had a urge to see a sunset version as i looked at those :)

Stranded

Quote from: Kadri on June 27, 2015, 12:10:04 PM

Looks good Ulco.I had a urge to see a sunset version as i looked at those :)

Excellent work... I agree with Kadri on the sunset version or even a sunrise version, with smoke rising from the houses and the soft glow of the morning fires.

Truly excellent work.

Dune

Smoke is in the pipeline, sunset played in the back of my head, but this will be in cohesion with the other 80m wall, so no sunset for them. Animation maybe...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on June 29, 2015, 02:04:20 AM
Smoke is in the pipeline, sunset played in the back of my head, but this will be in cohesion with the other 80m wall, so no sunset for them. Animation maybe...

Heh heh heh....Glad you cleared that up before I commented, "But won't that clash with the other wall, time of day wise?" Smoke will add 'animation' to the still image. To me smoke always helps move a still image.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

While slowly building this thing up, I am also 'making' some people to roam the streets. Needed an old woman, substituted the original face by a photo (with quite some fiddling), and it turned out rather nice. This even is the lopoly version of the genesis figure.