harbour 1100 AD

Started by Dune, May 26, 2015, 10:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 04, 2015, 09:41:34 AM
While slowly building this thing up, I am also 'making' some people to roam the streets. Needed an old woman, substituted the original face by a photo (with quite some fiddling), and it turned out rather nice. This even is the lopoly version of the genesis figure.

Really well managed Ulco *****
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Update X (crops). Lots to do still.

DocCharly65

so great, all these details...!

bobbystahr

Agree, very detailed...I think maybe the dude on the dock ought to be more hirsute..cooler climes=more hair on the body..unless you're first nations or oriental.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

More variation on the wood texture and color too maybe.It is still a WIP and you might have this on your to do list probably.

Dune

I don't care too much about this guy, but I'll take care the rest won't be like him. Wood differentiation is more important. I had already observed that. There's a simple BW PF to get variation, but I might add a slighly yellower PF on top, or a few more. Thanks. That's why I post; to get input, feedback! The red stripes will be people by the way and the wall will be out. The funny thing is that I mainly worked with populations of houses and the small dingy, and just a few house objects. The editing is a terrific feature!!

bobbystahr

Agree...a big WOO HOO for the editing function...a big fan myself...22+ hours on my project and counting as of now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

otakar

Impressive as usual. Would it be possible to stretch the roofs a bit with a powerfractal so that they are not so straight all the time? Probably is not noticeable unless up-close though. I really wonder how you keep all these objects organized, the network is driving me bonkers once I have added enough nodes.

Dune

I haven't tried the mesh displacer on these guys yet, being in constant anguish about the file to corrupt or some other error (in a previous file, I couldn't edit the instances anymore after a certain point). Just very carefully building this up, so no real messing about. I'll try some buildings to distort in a separate file, though, thanks for mentioning it again.

Annoying detail; I made the stone market building because I was told so, then another archeaologist came about and told me it can't be there, must be another building....mmm.

Organizing the network is important. You can group objects, give them additional names for easy location. But there aren't that many objects here yet; mainly pops.

Dune

Another annoying issue; I can't re-edit some instances any longer after changing the ground height, though disabling all elevation didn't solve the issue. No matter what I do, I have a few floating and ducking houses. Solution was to make a second pop and edit again, moving the houses to the old (and still visible) locations, after which I deleted the first pop. And that for 5 pops of 40 houses.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 09, 2015, 12:13:21 PM
Another annoying issue; I can't re-edit some instances any longer after changing the ground height, though disabling all elevation didn't solve the issue. No matter what I do, I have a few floating and ducking houses. Solution was to make a second pop and edit again, moving the houses to the old (and still visible) locations, after which I deleted the first pop. And that for 5 pops of 40 houses.

Could this be considered a bug...I'd say so...editing is very important....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

dorianvan

Wow, looking better all the time!
-Dorian

Dune

Update, low res. added some stone building for the elite. They'll need windows and shutters, and I will put some lights on the market (electric).
Matt is looking into the editing thing.