Mycelium Growth in Soil

Started by WAS, June 06, 2015, 11:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Is there possibly a way to mimic Mycelium Growth in soil with Terragen? Anyone have any ideas or examples?

Here is what I mean

WAS

Definitely interested in hearing about your idea.

And never been very good with fractals. Do you know a good free program that could achieve similar? I'm assuming aphophys or one of the evolved forks maybe, but those programs are sure confusing.

bobbystahr

No ideas but my sympathy if the bottom plant is yours....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Looking at the second image my first thought (without any idea at all how to achieve that) was trying it with clouds. Somehow... :-\

Hannes

Quick and dirty test to try to reproduce at least the second image. A localised cloud layer with small fractals and high warp settings. Some tweakings in the lighting tab...

bobbystahr

Very good Hannes, weather is too nice here to stay indoors much or I'd have tried that. Works as expected...well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Mycelium is a beneficial microorganism that delivers nutrients to the plant and seen in about 90% of nature. Without it, plants are stunted and struggle to uptake nutrients. Look up EM-1 by Dr. Higa and Beneficial Microorganisms. This isn't mould, it's a bacteria.

That plant is in overdrive. No steroids, all probiotic and organic, and beneficial.

Quote from: Hannes on June 07, 2015, 04:54:22 PM
Quick and dirty test to try to reproduce at least the second image. A localised cloud layer with small fractals and high warp settings. Some tweakings in the lighting tab...

That actually doesn't look half bad. I was thinking the cloud layers. Now if only a way to tighten the whisps. One if it's possible to fit in the strata shader with some verticle lean to it's position to show grain-lines in the form.

bobbystahr

WAS didn't know that, thanks for the info....Allen1...thanks for the model....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: Allen1 on June 07, 2015, 07:04:58 PM
I tried to model that so i took a few minutes but this is the best i could come up with at the moment.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!2s8k2arR!z40QwfY3JIdTjO5yAiK0GA

So they say they download in there silly little HTML5 download manager, but nothing downloads, or shows up in my Mega account....

Edit: Oh wow, they force download to Desktop without any sort of indication. Big no no.

WAS

Yep got them. Just about to fiddle. Was finishing a test on simple devils peaks setup without octangular looking sides.

I'll post a simple test result for people to see.

Clay

I would maybe model that in Maya or C4D using hair then export that out as polygons, as an object. I did a sort of "nerve system" thing once that was similar, but that file is long gone heh.

WAS

Here is a example image of previously posted model in low quality. Also that hair idea does sound good. Wish I knew more about modeling. Lol I've been trying but man. Pretty good at modelers like the clay style ones.

WAS

Oh hey that looks great! Looks like I can even double it as a mask for tufts coming up from the centralized whites.

WAS

Thanks a lot of your hard work and helping me, so much appreciated. Now i can make cool probiotic wallpapers for my probiotic farmers association friends. :D