Fantasy

Started by Hannes, June 10, 2015, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on June 12, 2015, 03:29:03 PM
Thanks a lot, Bobby. But what snow? :)

That low white rock then...looked like snow to me ...my colour blindness screwing me up again
in and out of the garden is affecting my colour perception when I come indoors...just did a test...never noticed that before
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Great Hannes. I prefer the lower section, slightly cooler. Irfanview isn't the best option to add smoke whirls, but you're probably very aware of that. Another idea would be to add a bluish sun under the surface, opposite the sun, no shadows, to add a bluish sheen on the shadowed areas.

Hannes

I used Irfan View only for the color grading.
I'm quite sure that I won't use a second sun unless I'm creating an alien world with two suns! I know the two sun solution has been mentioned before, but to my taste it just doesn't look good.
Another idea would be to give the environmental light a slightly blueish tint. I'll do some tests.

Hannes

Here is a small low quality render with tinted environment light. I like it.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on June 13, 2015, 09:23:13 AM
Here is a small low quality render with tinted environment light. I like it.

Bingo...got it
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Yes, definite improvement!

TheBadger

How about a version with a mist/low clouds and at a different time of day? This one is worth some episodes! Got a real story in it doesn't it. 8)
It has been eaten.

Dune

Animation would be cool, where the floating rocks very slowly drift, very subtle. Some cloud movement, nothing more.

Hannes

Yes, I thought about animation as well. And trying some different daytime settings sounds good too.
Anyway, here is the final version (I think ;)) of this scenario. I already mentioned the tinting of the environment. There's a lot of stuff in the village now. Unfortunately it's barely visible.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on June 14, 2015, 02:17:43 AM
Unfortunately it's barely visible.

Maybe time for some close up detail shots then? nudge nudge wink wink....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Stunning as it stands, btw.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Here is a quick closeup of the village. I didn't pay too much attention on this, because most of it won't be recognizable anyway.

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on June 14, 2015, 06:06:25 AM
I didn't pay too much attention on this, because most of it won't be recognizable anyway.
No attention? :o
Looks like you payed enough ;D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Indeed, quite a lot. If you're going to animate anyway, you could make a swing across town  ;)

bobbystahr

ANIMATE! ANIMATE! ANIMATE!(in a robot voice, you know to who[m] I refer)...THE DALEK...I hadda brain cramp
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New