Poseray Alternatives

Started by WAS, June 10, 2015, 01:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I'd like to convert more complex models, and I've found Poseray has difficulties with almost any model I load that has any level of complexity. Not sure if it's just settings within the scenes from their parent programs.

But I am trying to use the Intrepid class USS Voyager for some scenes, but when I load it, parts of the hull, reflector, and other pieces are out of place.

http://www.scifi3d.com/download.asp?intGenreID=9&intCatID=51&filekey=1318&key=536

Is there a free alternative to Poseray that could handle 3DS and Lightwave files?

Kadri

I tried with different versions of Poseray all were like yours.
Tried Lightwave but it was problematic too.
Same with Blender and Netfabb.

Only Mootools 3D Browser could open it without any problem but it is only the free version and i cannot export it for you.

Maybe other users here with the same or other programs like 3DSMax etc. might help you.

Then i just tried this online converter  http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/
I exported as OBJ and it looked OK in Poseray.
Not sure about the textures but try it, it took only 5 minutes.

WAS

And here I passed it up cause it was online. Then again I think I tried this before for a gorilla object and it worked except hair layer was lost so he was bald. But thanks to TG I can put stuff on the model.  8)

bobbystahr

I managed to get it converted as both an .obj and a .lwo. The .lwo is very small but converts nicely in PoseRay. I can e mail you that..9+M so too big for here. I'll need your e mail so PM me with that...pics are the .lwo in PoseRay
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Oh wow, thanks bud. Was it weird settings? I was trying to fiddle with settings but just managed to break it more.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 14, 2015, 01:15:10 PM
Oh wow, thanks bud. Was it weird settings? I was trying to fiddle with settings but just managed to break it more.

Should be there now...nope just matched up the materials and groups lists and welded..Tool>Materials->Groups in the Groups Tab
Doing this shrinks the parts list a lot.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Just loaded it into TG3 and the back rear nacel section is all flipped faces/normals...see if I can fix that
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

seems to render O K...Just shows wrong in 3D preview.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 14, 2015, 05:40:00 PM
seems to render O K...Just shows wrong in 3D preview.

I've had that happen with my friends models Eyes will be inversed, hair upside down, but renders ok.