Rocky River revisited

Started by Hetzen, June 17, 2015, 06:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Here's the animation of the still I posted in images.

It was a little side project I worked on with one of our juniors who worked on the damsel fly.

DocCharly65

..ok... I can admit now... I'm just a noob with some dreams but THAT  ANIMATION  IS  GREAT!

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

That's fantastic!! That dragon fly looks awesome. Is it rendered in TG or comped in? If so, great work! If it's rendered in TG, did you animate the wings in TG or is it an animated obj sequence?

Kadri

Looks really great. I am curious about what Hannes asked too.

Hetzen

Thanks  :)

The fly was modelled and rendered in Max with an HDR exported from TG and comped in After Effects.

There's some interesting workflow problems that weren't solved to the level I'd want. Camera in and out was an issue with unit conversions and the distance the scene is to the origin in TG.

Cheers

Jon

Dune

Oshyan

Damn that looks nice! Post it on YouTube or Vimeo so we can share it with the world. :D

- Oshyan

Hetzen

Thanks Oshyan.

I want to fix a few things first in post. The flickering rock on the left. The end abdominal segment shadow. Some time stretching on the launch. Improve the focus pull at the beginning. And a few other things I didn't get a chance to finish.

Oshyan

When you finish, please do post an update. This is awesome work. :)

- Oshyan

kaedorg

That's beautiful. Hard to focus on issues as it is just awesome.

Hetzen

DocCharly65

Unbelievable good work!

I like especially the part when the steps of image developement are shown. Great!