The Bike

Started by DocCharly65, June 25, 2015, 03:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Thanks Jochen, PN is on the way.

Meanwhile I have in fact learned that some conversion methods and converters give back destroyed models or model parts...

I think the Yamaha is now stuck together from 2 or 3 different sources to get all "good parts"...  ;D

bobbystahr

Well I dl'd that Yamaha from the link, ran it through PoseRay and made the Groups match the Materials, added maps for the glass light objects, brought it into TG3 and textured it further there. No problems here
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Hey - also nice render  :)
I cannot surely identify when my files were damaged.

Could have happened because I did not use Poseray. Maybe I used the wrong converter... It is also quite possible that I have just caused the problems during disassembly and storing as separate OBJ files (for my animation plans).

Anyway I have the bike now as I wanted it... the boots-animation will work and and with much luck and help from j meyer I even get built the flattened tyre  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 27, 2015, 05:30:10 PM
Hey - also nice render  :)
I cannot surely identify when my files were damaged.

Could have happened because I did not use Poseray. Maybe I used the wrong converter... It is also quite possible that I have just caused the problems during disassembly and storing as separate OBJ files (for my animation plans).

Anyway I have the bike now as I wanted it... the boots-animation will work and and with much luck and help from j meyer I even get built the flattened tyre  :)

Thanks Doc...
You can break models up in  PoseRay as well, just untick anything in the Groups that you don't want to save, give a specific name like 'tyres' or the like ans export. Reload the model and start again with the next part. I've done a bit of this in my stained glass frustrations...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Thanks, too, bobbystahr.

In principle I do exactly the same in Wings3D. I can select parts and export them directly to obj files or combine them, hide parts of them and other things.

That program feels easier to work with for me - but that is just my subjective experience.
Also I'm at the limit with my free time at the moment. And these Programs just need much time to learn.
Perhaps one day the haze in front of my eyes will dissolve and I will be able to use Poseray too...  ;)

...hey... when I began with TG3 I just thought I will play a little with ready to use objects... now I am poking around in so many objects for my special wishes... crazy ...   ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 27, 2015, 05:51:00 PM

...hey... when I began with TG3 I just thought I will play a little with ready to use objects... now I am poking around in so many objects for my special wishes... crazy ...   ;D

Heh heh heh, ain't that just the way it goes eh. I was at the start more interested in TG3 as a renderer than a landscape modeler as my 3D app was ancient and TG's was totally up to date by my lights. Now I think I need an XP machine to load Imagine 3D as it won't install due to a missing dll....sigh...not about to mess about with this one having just got it back....runnin fine....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

...Heh heh heh (you would say ;)  )
Guess what I'm doing this moment...

Reading a German edition of the Poseray manual!!!

And first success:  The cause why it didn't work when I tried last time: The model was rubbish and wasn't shown correctly. I tried the Yamaha frontwheel this time... AND  I  SEE  SOMETHING!!! (OK I now can turn it and look at it... another long way in front of me...

pfff... I must stop my behavior running after every suggested program like a dog after cars... but how????  ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 27, 2015, 06:26:17 PM
...Heh heh heh (you would say ;)  )
Guess what I'm doing this moment...

Reading a German edition of the Poseray manual!!!

And first success:  The cause why it didn't work when I tried last time: The model was rubbish and wasn't shown correctly. I tried the Yamaha frontwheel this time... AND  I  SEE  SOMETHING!!! (OK I now can turn it and look at it... another long way in front of me...

pfff... I must stop my behavior running after every suggested program like a dog after cars... but how????  ;D

I find Pose Ray outputs the most TG3 friendly .obj, Deep Exploration is also very good but I only have incidental access to that through my architect bass player  so mostly I use PoserRay. Bryce7 pro exports a decent .obj but has face and normal problems which can be fixed in Deep Exploration or  Wings3D so stick with Wings. Once you get it down you'll find it a good to great modeler...some good tutes on youtube as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

pffffffff...

... there is little air escaped from the tires ...
... renderjob is running for a test...

Sorry Jochen... found out on my own  8) ;)

Funny thing: If you have a good and suitable model first then it seems to be OK to work on it in Blender and to export to an obj-file.
I could just flatten the tires in Blender with a paintbrush. That's cool!

Cross your fingers that the render will look good...
1920x1080 with detail / AA at 0.4/5 will need several hours with all my reflections...  :o ;)

bobbystahr

Oh yeah, Blender also out puts the TG friendly .obj as well. Forgot about that cuz I have never got past the interface in that program.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

QuoteSorry Jochen... found out on my own  8) ;)
8) Cool,glad to see you found a way.
Maybe you soon can rig stuff like that for future animations.

DocCharly65

Wow, what a sleepless but enlightening weekend...

Here we see some testrenders of the "new" bike:
here I had already the new break disks and  the flattened tires. To see a little bit more of the deforming of the tires, I moved the sun.

I needed several tries until I found the right amount of flattening... but I say this is not too much but enough for a bike of this size and tires of this kind.

[attach=1]

Here I set back the sun (necessary for the context of the whole film) and also I recolored the chrome parts because they were too dark before. This is how it will appear in the "boots animation".

[attach=2]

Here I did some research from oldtimerreifen-moeller.de
So I learned not just to flatten the tires but also widen them on both sides a little...

[attach=3]

enough for this weekend...  ::) :)

Dune

Almost perfect now. What a lot of work to deflate some tyres, in the real world it's less laborious to inflate some tyres.
Maybe some dirt on the wheels, Nils!

DocCharly65

Dear Ulco,  8)

I can prove that Dirt on motorcycle tires is not only unnecessary but also unrealistic!
Look here - it seems they added some dirt with a brush directly on the wheels...  ;D ;D ;D:
http://cdn.motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/2013/01/PinUp_Marissa_wallpaper2.jpg

In fact I did some tweaks... I added absolute slight wear and tear on the tires (in the shadow you anyway will not see much about it). And I reduced the bumpmap intensity of the earthen flowerpots (I think it's too much displacement)

...But that must be enough now... Shoe- and bike- Animation is rendering now... finished in... 2 weeks... pffff...  :o

Update: Must do the next step...  ::)  Contacted pixelplow... hope they can help me registering via Paypal...