Get Yourself Some Vegetation Free

Started by bobbystahr, August 24, 2007, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Here's a head's up folks....I dl'd the X FROG3.5 DEMO and what do y know...it allows exporting for 30 days. It comes with
7 plants and I haven't played with it yet but I imagine you dould build quite a few of your own species and export them  with a
concerted effort over 30 days......hope this makes your day as much as it has made mine and I hope the greenworks folks
don't hate me too much for this, attached is the Weeping Hihan Cherry Tree that comes with it.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

NWsenior07

That would prove quite useful. I've tried to get a demo copy but every time I've tried to register, I never recieve any information.

bobbystahr

If you are using web mail of any sort it may well be being intercepted by a spam filter or as in my case, the bulk mail folder in yahoo mail...look in those places and you may find it.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

BPauba

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 25, 2007, 01:20:32 AM
If you are using web mail of any sort it may well be being intercepted by a spam filter or as in my case, the bulk mail folder in yahoo mail...look in those places and you may find it.. ...

Its amazing how the bulk mail filter catches everything you DONT want it to catch. I have found so many important emails in my bulk folder! Like Department of education notifications, personal emails, etc etc!

Thanks for the heads up on the loophole ;)

NWsenior07

peejay

hey bobbystar

what OS are you using? Have you got this program to work yet? I have NT, and have been seriously thinking of splashing out on Xfrog for some time when (if ever) I can afford it. Was delighted to see your post about a demo, so rushed off to download, and blow me - it doesn't run under Windows NT! This demo seems to want to see an older version of Windows with Dos still at the core.

Has anybody actually got Xfrog on an NT machine who can confirm the thing actually works, cos if not, it's getting crossed off my christmas list
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

cyphyr

Don't know about Xfrog on NT but it works fine on XP and Vista.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bobbystahr

I got it on w2k and XP and it works fine...dunno bout NT4 tho, it may need things that were added to NT when it became w2k.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

peejay

ok thanks for that - good news about vista since that's about all we're going to be allowed to have if we get new machines
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

sjefen

If I make something in this demo and use it in Terragen 2, am I then allowed to sell it?
I was just thinking since it's a demo.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

moodflow

Does anyone know what the email from them looks like?  I've tried to recieve the demo multiple times, but NEVER get an email back...and I don't want to watch my email like a hawk.

How long does it take to get the demo email?  Is it nearly instant, or does it take a few days? 

IMHO, they would be better off putting up a link to the software directly (with a time limit).

EDIT:

Lo and Behold... the email arrived within minutes this time.  I got it from mcsherry@xfrog.com, so keep an eye out for it.  Subject line is:  Xfrog Software Download
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New