Rocket on steam?

Started by russe166, June 25, 2015, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russe166

Hi!

I made a render with a new rocket from the game "Kerbal Space Program".
Now I would like to have steam coming out of the rocket like in the photo below.
Maybe someone can point me in a direction how to achieve this? Thanks!

[attachimg=2]

WAS

Clouds functions, and simple shape shader. Not easily achieved in the least. Not been able to achieve anything in controlling clouds, such as clouds following mountain surface.

Dune

russe166

Thanks for the replys!
I will read it and try to turn it 90 degree.

russe166

Here the final render ...

Dune

Very nice. Is that all the steam you need? You often see rockets enveloped in steam and smoke.

russe166

No it is not what I wanted  :-[. I do not use a Card with a picture. It is a cloud (3D) with a mask through the render camera. I thought it would have more volume ...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 01, 2015, 10:32:12 AM
Very nice. Is that all the steam you need? You often see rockets enveloped in steam and smoke.

I was about to ask that as well...are you inside my head Ulco...this happens often...maybe we're just here at the same times, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: russe166 on July 01, 2015, 10:38:08 AM
No it is not what I wanted  :-[. I do not use a Card with a picture. It is a cloud (3D) with a mask through the render camera. I thought it would have more volume ...

Have you tried lower coverage, higher edge sharpness and density, as well as smaller scale density scales? For example, smallest scale to 3-5 and lead-in to 200, and scale at 5-10?

russe166

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 01, 2015, 02:58:29 PM

Have you tried lower coverage, higher edge sharpness and density, as well as smaller scale density scales? For example, smallest scale to 3-5 and lead-in to 200, and scale at 5-10?

Thanks for the tip. I will try it ...

WAS

Quote from: russe166 on July 03, 2015, 07:37:26 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on July 01, 2015, 02:58:29 PM

Thanks for the tip. I will try it ...

Awesome! Let us know of updates. Interested on how it comes out. I personally love Terragen. Why I made the BlueHarvest ENB/GEM-FX mods available on mod sites