Snow

Started by ThinkPink, August 09, 2007, 12:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkPink

an new render trying to get a photo realistic image  :-\

the surface based on the snow shaders of Lucio, Lighting is done with the 'fill light' of Oshyan. The terrain is made with WorldMachine by myself.  :)

c&c welcome

old_blaggard

Looks good to me so far!  Just a couple of suggestions: the really swirly cirrus clouds don't look that real to me (of course, that's just where I'm from, so make your own decision), and even the cold tundra has a bit of vegetation - maybe a bare shrub or the occasional clump of light brown grass would add a bit more (needed) interest to the foreground.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

The terrain looks great and love what you've made in WorldMachine.  Like the sky and clouds.  Is it my monitor or is the snow a little on the green side?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ThinkPink

thanks for your comments
@old_blaggard: i tried some vegetation (grass) but the result was not ok (for me). but you're right ... somethings has to be placed in the foreground. perhaps i try an new render - rendertime was about 3,5 h that's ok
@calico: no .... your monitor is ok, there is a light cyan somewhere in one shader and the reflectivity from the sky ... perhaps it's a bit to strong.