A very bleak video tonight - the new TG3 in Space Teaser

Started by DocCharly65, July 07, 2015, 07:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Sorry folks, today I must bother you with a very bleak and I hope a little creepy video  8)

I finished my first tests with the renderfarm "The RANCH" (www.ranchcomputing.com)
300 frames of the video are rendered there within less than 1 and a half hours! I would have needed 1-2 weeks!

The other side: Nothing for non profit projects and private use if you have these amounts of frames!
Some costs are my own fault because of making one or the other mistake. But the support there was good.
Totally costs are 111,39 Euro.
I have ignored the costs of my failures here and also thhere was a welcome gift of 30 Euro.
And they have a nice support team. There is much to learn and to consider with Terragen ranch computing.

For private Projects of e.g. 10 minutes animation (15000 frames) this is unaffordable.

But I'm happy to have finished a next teaser in absolute record time  :)

Hope you like it! - It was expensive!  ;)

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 07, 2015, 07:16:21 PM
Totally costs are 111,39 Euro.
Hope you like it! - It was expensive!  ;)

Ahem...Nothing to say.I like it :D   ;)

Kadri

Did you use separate parts of objects animated in Terragen for the Stargate by the way?

DocCharly65

I disassembled the stargate totally in wings3d and animated the individual exported Terragen objects separately.

DocCharly65

But especially I must thank bobbystahr for his advise, how to place a dreamcatcher. I think the cam-path away from the dreamcatcher is the most impressive part  ;)

Dune

I enjoyed it Nils; I still think it's a terrific job you're pulling off. Maybe one day you'll be able to harvest, and get over the expenses now. If we were only millionaires.... there would be so many TG movies about!

DocCharly65

That you enjoy is payment enough. Thanks Dune.  :)

As I told in earlier threats I fulfill my dream to create my own Starwars-Stargate-Toy Story.
As long my bank doesn't tell me to stop spending money on this, I don't cry after the costs.

Others spent 200 bugs per weekend for brothel with drunken stupor...  ;D

Visa will come today so in the coming days I can test the technics of pixelplow and their costs. I guess it will be maximum 2-5% cheaper. But now I first have to develope the next new scenes. (the bike and all about the poolhouse will need too much time to repair for renderfarms)

But anyway I'll keep the usage of renderfarms on a minimum, and only when I really cannot wait for an animation or very big image.