Wip brown mountains

Started by N8IO, August 09, 2007, 11:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N8IO

This is what I got so far.
I'm still getting used to populations....
It still looks a bit too much like a Ver0.9 render.
ant suggestions?

NWsenior07

I'd say that it is coming along nicely. If I were you I'd add more color variations in the surface layers, smooth out the water some. I like your clouds and sky though. You also might try raising the camera to get that bump in the terrain out of the way of your POV.

rcallicotte

Nice beginning.  A couple of suggestions - deep blue sky and grouping / sectioning of the foreground bushes.  Maybe use a Blending Shader on the object to mask the groups.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

N810

actualy those are trees i think im still too high off the ground.
I haven't made a mask before... not to shure of how to go about that?
good idea darker bluer sky, that i understand.
don't know what tou mean by a blending shader?
I knida like the shoal thing.
I allready put fake stones in here some where, but they arent showing up in this view.
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

rcallicotte

For example, click on the actual object (underneath the populator above it) in the object window.  In your node network (to the right, at the bottom) will appear the Object Maker and Density Shader at the bottom.  Take a Cloud Shader and plug its output into the Density Shader.  Now, the Cloud Shaders' whites and blacks will mask the placement of your object in the scene.  Rather than use a Cloud Shader, you could use an Image Shader and create an image of just black and white blotches that will do the same thing.  Or a Power Fractal shader can be used in this way.

What it does is "mask" the population by putting the object where there is White and nothing where it is Black.

N8IO

ok heres an update....
a little different camera location.
i did use the cloud mash on some populations.
I also added some strata to the terrain.

rcallicotte

Very nice terrain.  The trees need that translucency that isn't quite available yet, though sort of...anyway, this looks better than before.

N810

I could probaly do another render without the trees and photoshop them together (with some skill)
and fake some transparentcy and get rid of the strange white reflectionss on the leaves.
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

rcallicotte

I know this isn't the favorite thing to hear here, but PSDs from here might actually be helpful - http://www.gardenhose.com/

Some of this person's work is quite useful for 3D, I think.  But, it might not be great close up.

N8IO

ok it finaly rendered
and i photoshpped it
so her you go.