linux and deadline problem

Started by boris99, July 10, 2015, 07:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boris99

Hi...

I'm having an issue saving images on the farm in Deadline...everything is working except...only one frame in a 200 frame sequence is saving - ie the first frame.
My paths seem to be correct, (I setup the scene up in windows, edit the file in emacs and change the output paths to Linux friendly ones).
I there anything I need to be aware of otherwise? It renders fine the whole sequence on a single machine (windows GUI).

Thanks
Nick

boris99

Actually just noticed in the log files, that the nodes never move onto the next frame. They simply render frame 1 over and over. Could this be a terragen thing or a deadline thing?

Oshyan

Can you render a sequence manually from Terragen (at the same path) using the commandline?

- Oshyan

Matt

Can you send a copy of the log, or perhaps just the part where it calls the Terragen executable? That way I can see whether Deadline is sending the correct syntax to Terragen. You can mail it to our support address if there's any sensitive information in it.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

boris99

I've sent you the log, will to the command line on windows as well...thanks

boris99

Just checked the cli windows version of the scene and it renders fine...I'm not sure how deadline allocates frames to machines, whether it uses the -f flag or uses some other way to allocate a frame.
Nick

boris99

Oof I see you  mean the Linux node...I'll have to get our systems guys to try that...

boris99

SOLVED it was a license issue...

Matt

Thanks for posting the update to this thread to say that it was solved. Too many people don't do this!

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.