Simple pine forest

Started by Wurby, July 05, 2015, 04:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurby

It's been ages since I last shared anything. (close to three years) I honestly lost my motivation to make new scenes. College tuition, medical expenses, transportation, and rent have kept me from getting the full version, so... Yeah. But, I love making stuff like this. Cnc appreciated! [attach=1]
Life's hard. Life's harder if you're stupid.

Dune

Good to see you back, then. I hope you stick around and post more stuff. In this one, I miss a composition that is exciting, so perhaps add some more subject to it (large rock or something. Also, the grass is floating, and that can be overcome by adding a compute normal at the end of the line (as a sidebranch), and plugging (only) the pop node into that, then set rotation, so they follow terrain.

bobbystahr

Welcome back to TG world, agree with Dune...look forward to an update...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Agreed with the above plus I would handle the quality of the sky. Grainy a bit.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Wurby

hahahaha, i didn't even notice the floating grass.

Honestly, I'll occasionally post a new render, but I generally don't go back and fix problems with my scenes, so what I post is basically it... finished in my eyes...despite how unfinished it is. Having put over 5,000 hours into learning the beauty that is Terragen basics, I've given up on advancing my ability and just play with it when I feel like it...  I just don't have the motivation to work more on this hobby without higher quality controls, and more objects that'll come once I can afford a new system and the full program. I'm currently running on a Q6600 core 2 quad, and I envy the users with i7s and such. I'm sure I get there in the next year or two, but I honestly don't know, as I'm a Premedical student and that's pretty pricey.

Thanks for the replies, I'll save this and may revisit it in the future if I feel like it.
Life's hard. Life's harder if you're stupid.