Mission: Fluffy Photo Cloud

Started by FrankB, August 11, 2007, 08:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Agreed.  And thanks again, Frank.  This has opened up clouds for me.  And I like your final...these all look so much like works of art as compared to just a glimpse into the world we already see, which is nice.

Quote from: Oshyan on August 15, 2007, 01:59:24 AM
Colors in the original (first) image are much, much better IMO, but all are very nice renders. Thanks for sharing the clip Frank. :)

- Oshyan
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

I ditched down the atmo height, but most importantly lowered the gamma significantly.

As for the grain: that's no grain, I thought so in the first place, too. I've done a crop render of that area at 128 atmo samples, and it still looked the same. These are simply little fractions from the cloud, most probably due to the warping.

Cheers,
Frank

dhavalmistry

what do you mean by atmosphere height??.....u mean bluesky exp height???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

FrankB

Quote from: dhavalmistry on August 15, 2007, 11:10:32 AM
what do you mean by atmosphere height??.....u mean bluesky exp height???

yes, that's it. I brought it down to 5000m. It becomes more visible when you also decrease the camera exposure, but if that's an option depends on your sceen. In the default project, the exposure is at 1, but then the sun elevation is only at 25 degrees. I found when I increase the sun elevation, I usually have to decrease camera exposure - naturally.

regards,
Frank

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Ahhh, Frank!  The camera exposure...hah!  And all this time I didn't treat this TG2 like a camera.  What have I been thinking?   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Saurav

Looks very nice Frank, even the surfaces on the grassy hill.

FrankB

I could not resist to touch this again. Oshyan was right when he said the clouds look slightly stained. I had to change a handful of settings to get the right look, and render again.
For the sake of completeness, here is the real final ;-)

Thanks for your previous comments and support, guys.

Frank

FrankB

Quote from: Saurav on August 15, 2007, 06:06:35 PM
Looks very nice Frank, even the surfaces on the grassy hill.

Thanks, Saurav. It's just the default base colors shader. Initially, I had given it some colors just to not have the default grey, and was planning on enhancing the surface later when I was done with the clouds. But then it turned out quite nicely just so, and I let it as it is.

Regards,
Frank

Oshyan

This "final final" looks nice, more pleasing to my eye. I would have gone for higher exposure and whiter clouds, but the color is good here certainly. Great work. :)

- Oshyan

FrankB

Quote from: Oshyan on August 16, 2007, 03:20:34 AM
This "final final" looks nice, more pleasing to my eye. I would have gone for higher exposure and whiter clouds, but the color is good here certainly. Great work. :)

- Oshyan

I'm not quite awake yet, it seems. I have a postworked version with higher exposure, but had selected the wrong file from the list.
I have changed my previous post now to show the higher exposed one. Probably not as much exposure as you would have gone for, Oshyan, but more than previously ;-)

Cheers,
Frank

monks

I love the last pic- reminds of the default desktop for XP- soothing and a little dreamlike.

monks