Windows 10

Started by matrix2003, July 28, 2015, 11:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrix2003

Come on! Somebody is staying up all night. Reveal thyself!
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Upon Infinity

archonforest

They saying nice things about it. Let's see...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

AP

I still miss XP.    :P

masonspappy

Dune

So do I. But when I got XP I missed '98. But I hate it when you don't have control, so I hope 10 is a bit open.

AP

Yes, Windows 98 SE.  8)

Upon Infinity

Is anyone using this yet?

AP

Speaking for myself, i am sticking with win 7 for as long as i can.

Dune

I read some remarks on the web about 10, and I will stay with 7 as well. As long as is needed to get the bugs out at least. If it works, it works, so why change?

mhaze

Oshyan

I'm actually kind of looking forward to upgrading, but I will certainly wait a bit to make sure any obvious issues are worked out. I will probably try to do a clean install too, so I can really get rid of some old cruft and whatnot bogging my systems down. :D I have 4 machines to upgrade actually. I'll probably start with my laptop first as it's least crucial to my day-to-day work. I'll use it as a testbed and see how it goes. I didn't upgrade to Windows 8 because of the terrible UI choices, but they've fixed most of that, and improved upon the already enhanced performance and features that came with Win 8, so it should be a decent upgrade from Win 7. Also, it's free, so why not? ;)

- Oshyan

AP

Quote from: Dune on July 31, 2015, 01:33:14 AM
I read some remarks on the web about 10, and I will stay with 7 as well. As long as is needed to get the bugs out at least. If it works, it works, so why change?

Some programmers are trying to get android to run all windows software and read-write all windows files. Using wine i believe. The idea is to abandoned windows entirely for android. If this becomes a success at some point, i am going to do that.

Oshyan

If Wine hasn't handled Windows software well enough on full-blown Linux to replace Windows, then why would Android be able to? I'm very skeptical.

- Oshyan

AP