Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

That is very neat and this why we need to have ways to stack fake stones or at least populated objects.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Chris on October 04, 2015, 06:45:07 PM
That is very neat and this why we need to have ways to stack fake stones or at least populated objects.

well Dune was having some "accidental procedural luck/bad luck' with square stones...made me think of that seeing this.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

It is possible to stack cubes but it's a hand rolled situation. So this is doable, but I agree stackable FS's would be very cool.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 04, 2015, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Chris on October 04, 2015, 06:45:07 PM

well Dune was having some "accidental procedural luck/bad luck' with square stones...made me think of that seeing this.

What he is doing is most interesting, no doubt.

AP

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 04, 2015, 10:03:41 PM
It is possible to stack cubes but it's a hand rolled situation. So this is doable, but I agree stackable FS's would be very cool.

I thought about that if it is best for a close-up local render, otherwise we would need hundreds of those cube objects. Models can be imported as well with some fractal details added but doing it procedurally would be more interesting. However, there are always workable alternatives.

bobbystahr

Indeed, and there are more than a few modellers here capable of building that density of a model.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New