Windows 10

Started by matrix2003, July 28, 2015, 11:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

I think I'm gonna take the plunge.  I got it downloading now. 

Dune

Let us know what your verdict is, please.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Dune on August 01, 2015, 02:57:02 AM
Let us know what your verdict is, please.

Sure, thing.  As long as Terragen and my modelling software work, I think I can grind through whatever glitches it might have at first.  But, in all honesty, I haven't felt like doing much in the way of modelling or rendering (I thinks it because I have to do the hard work, now), so I need something to tinker with until the desire to work comes back.

mhaze

Just updated - some oddities - but W10 sorted them by itself.  Looks good and works well - nice clean interface, now I've to learn the ins and outs, tips and tricks!

RArcher

I've done the upgrade from Win 8.1.  No issues so far from TG or anything else really.

kaedorg

If there an easy way to get back to the previous version, if anything wrong happens ?

David

Dune

And I assume you can upgrade without having to reinstall all software?

AP

Has anyone run into this yet? I read this off of another site and it seems iffy to me.

Microsoft's terms of use agreement:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to."

Upon Infinity

Quote from: ChrisC on August 02, 2015, 03:39:30 AM
Has anyone run into this yet? I read this off of another site and it seems iffy to me.

Microsoft's terms of use agreement:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to."

What site?  I suppose you'll have to confirm it with the UA. 

AP

mhaze

Everything has gone wellish - W10 did not recognize my graphics card at first, it needed 3 restarts. Yes you can upgrade without reinstalling - programs are called apps! The only problem I've had is that bitdefender did not work and I'm having trouble reinstalling it.  Windows does not seem to play well with third party security!

Upon Infinity

Quote from: ChrisC on August 02, 2015, 05:04:06 AM
Here... but i have not looked into any more at the moment.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=8070580#post8070580

I think I'll confirm it in the EULA and if it's there, I may hold off.  Didn't PayPal attempt a similar scam by declaring itself legal owner of all its user's intellectual property?

But yes, people definitely need to read the things they sign and / or agree to and really decide if it benefits them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/russian-rewrites-credit-agreement-sues-bank_n_3728105.html

Personally, I'm considering writing up my own counter offer for when people attempt to sign me up for credit cards (seriously).

Markets are set by supply and demand.  The answer - demand more! 

Run yourself like a business, best advice my mom ever gave me. 

kaedorg

here is the privacy statement and what Microsoft can do on your computer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-privacy-statement

David

archonforest

Yikes!
Are we sure  this is a MS product? Sounds like an Intelligence office or Big Brother crap.
Wonder how much Billy gets for all the collected information? And who will be the buyer?

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

AP

I don't know about PalPal. I never had an issue with them in the past.