animated tree - 1st try

Started by kaedorg, August 03, 2015, 09:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

All very interesting!
The Version in Reply #54 seems one of the most natural for me.

I walked thousands of miles to find this reference tree for this discussion 8) :

[attachurl=1]

Hope it's helpful...

I think, until I have more time, I will keep my planned story on a windless day... There would be too many populations I would have to animate.  ;)

Dune

Hannes, that animation is super! I only looked at it just now. Very natural windgust. Would you care to share the tgd? Or settings you used?

Hannes

Unfortunately the scale settings in my file are way too high. If you put in another object and scale it up accordingly the scale of the transforming PF and the speed of the transform shader won't work.
I'll have to create another scene with correct scale settings from scratch. Once more I've learned that I have to use the right scale right from the beginning... :(

kaedorg

Here is the Kadri method. I used his file and just replaced his obect by a tree.
I wanted to see his method on trees.
I think the result is nice (normal I would say with Kadri's work) but leaves need to be animated too.
So now I'll try this. Huge step here.

Hannes, i'm used to not keeping the right scale too. And so many times, problems appear.

David

Hannes

Looks great so far! Now use two populations (less dense each) and animate the lean factor of each population differently, so that there is more variety in the movement.

Hannes

I created a new file to explore from scratch (with correct scale settings!!):
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,20353.new.html#new

Dune

Thanks very much, Hannes. I will explore for sure and hope to get into the discussion... some day.

kaedorg

Here is another test. I used Hannes method.
In fact, it is a population of 1 tree and not a single object.
It looks very windy but can be like that with winds over 100km/h.
there is no more twist on trunk. that's the good point.
Angle of rotation can be reduced to reduce the speed effect

David

Hannes

Dune

Oshyan

Indeed, that looks really good!

- Oshyan

Dune

Hey guys, what setup did you use? I'm doing a test right now with this line of nodes. But I don't yet know if the T&S will work like this; 2 T&S directions masked by a moving PF. Renders should be done shortly...

kaedorg

Looking at your nodes Ulco, i don't know how they work, so I'll wait for your render...
Busy right now. But tomorrow i'll give a message about my last test.

David

Dune

Thanks, David. This is not working, but I got another idea, which seems rather interesting......