Basic crowd sim possibility

Started by Kadri, August 06, 2015, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Hannes was your bird scene a basic loop like we talked above or a full length animation sequence?

j meyer

As for the variation: the galloping horse is a loop,right?
Wouldn't copying the 24 frame sequence and then renaming the frames,but starting
from -for example- frame 06 instead of frame 01,be suffient as an offset?
One could make 3 or 4 variations that way and then use those as different populations.

Kadri

That was what i wrote in the previous page Jochen.

Hannes

Kadri, it was a full length animation.

Jochen, of course that would work, but it would be cool to have just a looped 24 frame- or object sequence and to control the performance from within TG, without having to copy identical stuff over and over again.

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on August 08, 2015, 01:09:59 PM
Kadri, it was a full length animation.

Ok.

Quote from: Hannes on August 08, 2015, 01:09:59 PM
Jochen, of course that would work, but it would be cool to have just a looped 24 frame- or object sequence and to control the performance from within TG, without having to copy identical stuff over and over agein.

Yep.

Dune

Quotebut it would be cool to have just a looped 24 frame- or object sequence and to control the performance from within TG, without having to copy identical stuff over and over again.
Indeed, so file it as a feature request!

Kadri

A landslide test. No object sequence. It is only a population with the rock object.

Another animated displaced plane that goes a little along the rocks with another grass or trees etc. population, some dust clouds
and you could get a nice looking landslide probably.

Snow or similar things could be made too. Even water maybe but i would not try to render it  :P  ;D

Hannes

That looks so incredibly cool!!! Some rocks even seem to bounce. How did you manage the rotation?

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Kadri

There is a little rotation in the population setting but the important one is the animated rotation of the rock object itself.

AP

I had not checked into the thread until today and i have to say there is some far out stuff going on here.   

Kadri

Yeah the animation side of the forum looks like a little forgotten.

AP

I would try animation myself but all i have is a tiny Ultrabook, the only computer i have.

Kadri

Not all animation takes long Chris. You know the classic slow rendering parts in Terragen like water,glass.
You could still do many things.
But in general yes animation is unfortunately harder to do (from a time-pc power aspect).
These tests i do here are from boredom by waiting for the animation renderings to finish :)