Basic crowd sim possibility

Started by Kadri, August 06, 2015, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Kadri

;D

How much is ready of your animation now Hannes?

Hannes

Initially planned as a two (!!!) scene animation, I can say, that at the moment I have the complete Star Wars opening including the Twentieth Century Fox clip (or something like that...) and the crawl (more or less five sequences) and twelve and a half other scenes finished. I think five or six scenes more, and I'm done. Completely done! ;)
There will be sound as well. No idea how to do that yet, but I'm confident.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on October 07, 2015, 06:05:21 PM
Initially planned as a two (!!!) scene animation, I can say, that at the moment I have the complete Star Wars opening including the Twentieth Century Fox clip (or something like that...) and the crawl (more or less five sequences) and twelve and a half other scenes finished. I think five or six scenes more, and I'm done. Completely done! ;)
There will be sound as well. No idea how to do that yet, but I'm confident.

impressive....pushing mini feature lenghth
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Good luck an much patience Hannes! ...and I know what I am speaking about  ;) :)

Just curious; Do you (or did you ever) use pixelplow?
I did more jobs with them this month than ever before and until now I am quite happy with them.
...ok - not happy with the the content of my wallet now but that was my own decision  ;)

Kadri

By the way Oshyan i wanted to make my last post a little more clear but accidentally erased it-kinda- (that the reason of the 3 dots above) is the 2 days editing time off ?

Oshyan

Yes Kadri, we decided to disallow editing after a couple hours because of people removing content, "rage quitting", etc.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Yes i know. What i mean was i could delete-edit this old post.
My own fault of course when you try to do something after 1-2 days without sleep.
But i was surprised that i could edit-delete the content after so long time of the original post.

Oshyan

Hmm, yes that *is* surprising. I'll look into it...

Edit: I guess it's currently set to about 2.5 days, probably due to past complaints. So we're trying to set a balance...

- Oshyan

Quote from: Kadri on March 21, 2016, 04:23:18 PM

Yes i know. What i mean was i could delete-edit this old post.
My own fault of course when you try to do something after 1-2 days without sleep.
But i was surprised that i could edit-delete the content after so long time of the original post.

Kadri

Ok this was there all the time(?) and i just did not tried it.
Animated shattering of the rock object together with a population.

This was just a crude test.
Could be many possibilities like Planet exploding, colliding or small scale explosions, water splashes etc.

Kadri

This is the same Landslide animation from page 3 just the shattering of the rock object added.
I used the shattering effect too early and it needs 1-2 more populations with different settings but still...
One limitation is the limit of number of shatter planes by 10.

Dune

That's a cool discovery, Kadri! I never realized it as well, right under our noses.