Basic crowd sim possibility

Started by Kadri, August 06, 2015, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

:)

Another small test with a population of rocks and shattering.

Hannes

Amazing, Kadri!! I'm glad you're continuing this thread.

Kadri

Doodling with these features is fun you know. Especially if you are waiting for renders to finish.

inkydigit

8)
Neat little gif, nice find, not an Easter egg as such, but still! :)
J

luvsmuzik

They do leap off that one little bump tho, don't they. Cool!

Kadri

I have a scene in my mind. Curious if it would work for a real project other then some basic GIF's.

Kadri

Another test. There are other ways too of course but i was curious if this kind of work could be done with a population animation.
There are 3 objects. A basic cylindrical object (that is very short in the Y axis) for the trunk, a basic leaf object and one square object to anchor the first two ones.

yossam

Dune

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

cool developments here!
Great, Kadri!

Hannes

Kadri, that looks amazing! Could you explain a little more detailed, what you've done, please?

Kadri

I wanted to post the file itself but in some way i must have screwed it up Hannes. That would be easier,sorry.
But the general principle is easier then it might look by reading it below:

*I made two very crude objects like in the image below.

*The scale of these objects are animated from small to big.

*I made another square object for anchoring the first two objects. This plane object stands vertical.
This objects scale is animated in the Y xis from small to big.
This makes the trunk part and leaves grow in the Y axis and is the most important part.
I used big numbers in the "a" spacing of the population to get few trunk parts (two plants in this example).
To get the trunk as a solid i just used a small value in the "b" object spacing (i made ropes, pipes with this approach earlier.)

*To get the displaced look of the trunk and leaves i displaced the square object with a powerfractal that is controlled with a surface layer by altitude (to get only displacement above a certain point of the ground.)

Hope this makes sense Hannes.