TG bugs (part 2 in the sixth posting)

Started by Hannes, August 12, 2015, 02:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I used Kadri's idea of this thread: ( http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,20351.0.html ) for the bugs.

Kadri

Looks good Hannes.

I like the environment.
The right side of the bugs looks kinda more natural.Maybe because the bugs are farther away?
The bugs don't have animated legs i think?

Watching this, a restrict able leaning in this or that directing option -not so important but- comes to my mind.
Are the bugs on the same surface? Maybe an invisible smoother surface could be used too?
Depends on the look you want of course :)

Hannes

Thanks Kadri!
No, the bugs don't have animated legs. I think in this resolution it's not that noticeable.
Actually I like the way the bugs are moving. The whole thing came into my mind, when I did the short clip with the VW Beetles in your thread. I had the impression, the cars move like real beetles.

Kadri

It is more the shadows on the left side..the right side looks quite good to me.
Maybe it is the POV. But whaterver...It looks usable :)

TheBadger

;D ;D
Oh man, you guys need to keep pushing this. Make it easier and better to do!

Would be even better, Hannes, if you could have them flowing down that res as their source. Oh, and make it longer. Its worth it. I already watched this on like 10 times. The disgustingness of the creepy crawlers induces instant emotional visceral response!  8)
It has been eaten.

Hannes

I don't know exactly what you mean by : "...have them flowing down that res as their source"
Anyway here is part 2. Even more disgusting to my taste ;D
Unfortunately it's quite hard to control where the bugs are moving to if it's not a flat surface. But I guess you'll get an idea of what I was trying to achieve.

Hannes

Here is the whole thing together. There's nothing new, but imho it works best like that.

TheBadger

That was supposed to say down the tree! Dang auto correct always screws me >:(

Well its good the way you have it anyway.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Oh my god, that is horrible! Haha. The guy's expression is perfect.

Btw do you really need to ZIP the files? I see it saves maybe a couple hundred kb, but these files for example were still under the file size limit without that. Just adds an extra step really.

- Oshyan

Hannes

You're right, Oshyan. Not really necessary....