inkydigit

Like a mezzotint!
Love these Kadri!
:)
Cheers
Jason

Kadri

Thanks all.

I tried it on other scenes but as you know what works in one scene doesn't always work in the same way in others.
A way to use images relative to the render size then to the landscape might be easier probably.
Anyway fun to play :)

I made a last attempt.The image is much bigger.
Because of the texture please look at it in the actual pixel size to see how it really looks.
By the way i used the "Ray trace everything" option too to get those rough like appearance.

The other one is the standard still unfinished scene without texture to compare.

Dune

Extremely cool, Kadri! So what did you do; use a black white get position in texture, x to scaler + sinus based mask?

Kadri

Thank you Ulco and no...that is your expertise  :D
It is a very basic texture applied with surface layers with slope restrictions.

Not everybody likes those kind of images but i love them.
I tried it before but getting the image scale right is trial and error mostly.
For me at least. And without postwork (the most important was over sharpening) it doesn't look the same.

Below are the textures i used for the two images and one of the original render output (from the last test) if you are curious how the raw render looks.
As you see quite a hard work  ;)

[attachimg=1]                [attachimg=2]     

Kadri

Google for "Franklin Booth" for example guys. I can't stop looking at his work :)

TheBadger

intaglio is wonderful.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Oh yes, that's fantastic art!

Oshyan

I love that you're attempting this, and the results are very cool! Ulco, I challenge you to make a procedural version - let's see how the procedural one compares to the image-based textured one. :D

- Oshyan

Hetzen

Get Normal in Texture driving a sine function might be interesting. Remember that sine functions work in radians, ie multiply by 2 pi to get the full 360 degrees. Also sine works from -1 to +1, so factor that in your workings.

Nice work Kadri.

Kadri

Yes i would love to see a procedural approach too. It might look more like the real thing.

Dune

Well, Jon beat me, there you go  ;)

Kadri

Suddenly this came to my mind  :P  ;D

[attachimg=1]

Dune

Hetzen

;D

When I get some time I'll have a go at this for you.