The Dust

Started by DocCharly65, September 01, 2015, 01:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

First of all: looks great!! In my opinion the MB is a great improvement to make it look more natural and dynamic. I totally negelected the 2D MB. Never used it. Good to know.

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 07, 2015, 08:53:36 PM
I will need a different procedure because with the way Hannes did, I don't get any of my reflective shaders rendered (means most of my rendered image is invisable ;D ).

I have no idea, why your reflective shaders don't work. ??? ??? ??? Could you explain that a little more?

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on October 08, 2015, 02:09:17 AM
I have no idea, why your reflective shaders don't work. ??? ??? ??? Could you explain that a little more?

The testrenders were just the Viper with black background as it should be. On a detail view I saw that all parts of the Viper wich had a reflective shader as texture, were black too. Means when I was masking, I could look through that parts onto the desert.

Additionally Magix could not handle that masks correctly and I got really ugly aliasing effects... beautiful little stairs at all parts of the Vipers shape. And I got horrible black borders around the Viper.

But this new way is easy to handle and I can use the rendered files.

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 08, 2015, 02:59:55 AM
The testrenders were just the Viper with black background as it should be. On a detail view I saw that all parts of the Viper wich had a reflective shader as texture, were black too. Means when I was masking, I could look through that parts onto the desert.

This sounds absolutely strange!
However, good that you found a way to get around this.

Oshyan

2d motion blur is good to try. It doesn't produce results that are as *accurate*, but often times it looks good enough that no one would really know the difference. And it produces smoother, zero-noise results and renders *much faster*.

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

what is the software you are using for compositing? fantastic project! ;)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

otakar

Just found this animated GIF and immediately thought of you. Not sure where it's from (I am not a Star Wars fan). Good example of motion blur, too.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--4BWMOR8n--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1465004214702558246.gif

DocCharly65

Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on October 08, 2015, 01:26:21 PM
what is the software you are using for compositing? fantastic project! ;)

I use Magix Video deluxe (versions 11-13 on different PCs)
It's from all affordable "hobby"-software the easiest to use.
I also tried the sony-software (I think it's the "little brother" of Sony Vegas) but didn't get it to run stable and fast enough.

The "alpha-rendering" will be finished tonight, the blurred desert with invisable Viper will be finished in about 7-10 days... perhaps I can show some seconds here this weekend for comparison.

Ariel DK

this is good to know, if you don't mind, I will sending you a PM, just because I was researching a little about the software on the web, and wanted to know how works the elements of composition, with the help of someone who has already had experience with this program. I don't know if I'm being clear? (the english is not my forte) ::)
I am waiting to see the final animation
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

zaxxon

Terrific results from a very ambitious project. My popcorn's in hand waiting for next installment!

DocCharly65

Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on October 09, 2015, 08:58:21 PM
this is good to know, if you don't mind, I will sending you a PM, just because I was researching a little about the software on the web, and wanted to know how works the elements of composition, with the help of someone who has already had experience with this program. I don't know if I'm being clear? (the english is not my forte) ::)
I am waiting to see the final animation

Perhaps this part of the Post can help you: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,20458.msg204883.html#msg204883

Here is the almost same procedure with the complete program window.
I use Magix Video deluxe 2013 premium here. But with other Magix-versions the procedure should be similar.

In Track 1 you import the "background" image or movie
In Track 2 you put the mask
In Track 3 you put the object you want to get masked

Then you give Track 2 the masking order
In the following picture you can see the settings that worked good in my case.

[attach=1]

DocCharly65

Time to take stock...  8) 8)

After one and a half year now my project seems to develope towards a quite stable project. There's a script (though changing all 2-3 weeks ;) ) and all my PCs are rendering around the clock. That means work still goes on...

This time I spent some more time to test, what's left of my musical talents. Perhaps you recognize some small parts where I tried to integrate short clips and sound experiences of the themes from Star Trek and Battelstar Galactica (the new one with Edward James Olmos as Adama)

Also I tried to cut this teaser closer to the "script" but still keep the secrets behind... Hope you have fun anyway.

Thanks to all of you supporting me so much. (I think the credits will be 2-3 times longer than the film when it's finished  ;) )
I hope you enjoy:

Oshyan

Hah! Funny, creative, and impressive use of Terragen for sure. I look forward to seeing this evolve, and uncovering the mystery...

- Oshyan

kaedorg

What a teaser !! But how can you imagine that we'll be able to wait for 2020 ???;)
Great job.

David

Dune

WOW! I can't wait, Nils, it's too awesome. Hurry...