Daddy's home! WIP (finished animation on page 8)

Started by Hannes, September 03, 2015, 04:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Here is a frame of my actual animation. It's going to be a two scenes animation in the end, and this is from the second one (there is no first one yet).
I have some GI flicker issues, I discussed here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,20462.msg203139.html#msg203139

There will be some interaction between some of the troopers plus the already mentioned crowd-simulation-simulation  ;)
The boxes (or whatever this is...) in the foreground are only there to hide the sliding feet.

It's going to take some time until I can show something new. At the moment it takes 36 hours to render 300 frames.

Edit: finished animation on page 8!

Dune

I'm looking forward to this. Good luck with the GI, Hannes. I can't help you there, no experience in animation I'm afraid.

kaedorg

Star Wars was my youth so I'm looking forward  ;)

David

DocCharly65

Hannes

Thanks guys! I was 16 yo when the first SW movie came out. I clearly remember the moment when the huge imperial ship appeared "above my head" and I almost peed my pants... ;)

kaedorg

I didn't peed my pants because I already was a Padawan

David

Hannes

;D ;D ;D

Still impressive how that models look even after 38 (!!!) years

Kadri

Looks good Hannes.

That first scene was the most i liked probably in Star Wars.
The other space scenes were great too but it was probably the first look-awe thing :)

TheBadger

QuoteDaddy's home!

HA HA AHHAHAHA AHAHHAHAAHA AHA HA

If they bust out in a musical dance number, I will shit my self.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Kadri: that's true!!

Michael: I'm afraid it will be a bit more subtle, but I hope that I could achieve what I wanted to...
Dancing storm troopers would have been quite nice, but making them walk was tough enough!  ;)

Hannes

Another frame. Third scene. Creating a GI cache file atm. Lots of ideas. Much fun!
Teasing you... ;)

Hannes

As you might have read I was talking about an animation with two scenes.
I'm rendering the third scene atm. So please don't care what I'm saying...

Hannes

...and there is no end in sight...

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

TheBadger

After star wars, you must do zombies!
It has been eaten.