Daddy's home! WIP (finished animation on page 8)

Started by Hannes, September 03, 2015, 04:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaedorg

Hannes

Hannes

Here it is: the final movie.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm2rifyq1nex1z6/SW%20Who%27s%20your%20daddy.mp4?dl=0
Be aware that this is a 116MB BigMac! I already compressed it. The original has 200MB (Resolution 800 X 450px). I didn't want to set it on YouTube or Vimeo, because the quality there is not very good.
You can watch it directly in Dropbox as far as I can see, but I recommend downloading the film. Dropbox seems to compress it even more  :(

It's complete nonsense as I already mentioned, but it was great fun to do. Adding sound was a fantastic experience. It breathes much more life into the movie.
"Daddy's home" is some sort of a working title. I decided to name it "Who's your daddy?"
Credits are at the end of the clip.

Hope you like it.

Tangled-Universe

Watched it at work, without sound :)

Really fun to watch and nice mocking around with the Star Wars universe ;D

Was this all rendered in TG?
Did you render it all yourself?

Cheers,
Martin

AP

That was great! It was well done and worth the effort and wait.  ;D  8)

Dune

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You delivered a great and extremely funny movie, Hannes! I love it, All the Ingenious Movements and Unexpected Stuff. Something to be proud of.

Kadri

;D

The "Next time i'll write a script before i start rendering stuff!" part was great too  ;D

yossam

Great work............LMAO.  ;D

DocCharly65

Hannes - congratulations! That's    - That's just about the limit. So great!
And especially some of the head movements are soooo great...

I think you must be happy now... I will earliest be in 2020 (The script has changed - so even maybe later)  ;) ;) ;)

And what do we see next???  8) ;D

j meyer

;D Definitely my favourite episode! Great! ;D
Even button #9,who can ask for more.

Oshyan

Fantastic! *Standing ovation* That Star Destroyer looks incredible, as do all the small movements, even the comedic timing. Really impressive Hannes! And I too was happy to see Button 9 in there. A nod to the old-school fans, eh? :D

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Put it on youtube. Bet you it can go viral!

You are one of my heroes Hannes. 8)
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Wow, thank you all!!!
Martin, yes, I rendered it all myself.
There are only very few things that were done in After Effects. The Star Wars crawl at the beginning for example. Sure, it could have been done in TG, of course, but that would have been render overkill. The image I used for the 20th Century Fox (sort of... :))) opener was rendered in TG, but the light beams weren't. So I'd say except the opening there's 99% TG.

Once again thank you for your comments. You make me feel real good!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

But!  I'll have to add a small modification. In the credits I forgot to mention Olaf "Olo" Zwätz who made this great VW-Beetle model and gave me permission to use it. This is no big deal, but I'll have to upload the modified movie again. If my original posting will be still "editable" I'll update the link. Otherwise I'll write a new one.

Ariel DK

hey Hannes, 4 words: You Work Is Fantastic!!! more please :D
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Hannes

Thanks, Ariel!

I updated the link. All credits included now. For those who have already downladed the movie: there's only one credit more now, which makes it a few seconds longer, so you don't necessarily need to download it again.